USB won't recognize GFX 100

I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop. My XT-3, X100V, GFX 50R are recognized normally when I connect to the USB port. However my GFX 100 isn't recognized. I have tried using a different port. I have switched cables. My primary cable is a 15 ft Tether-Tools cable. I know this is long but I have no issues using this cable to connect the GFX 100 to my desktop. I have updated the Yoga BIOS and Windows 10. Windows Device Manager does not show issues with any of the USB hardware in the Yoga. I have tried a thumb drive in the USB ports and they are recognized normally. I have switched out the SD cards in the GFX. None of this has changed anything. This is preventing me from tethering to Capture One and is a real PITA. Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions? Thanks

Paul

12 hours ago, pjsokal said:

I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop. My XT-3, X100V, GFX 50R are recognized normally when I connect to the USB port. However my GFX 100 isn't recognized. I have tried using a different port. I have switched cables. My primary cable is a 15 ft Tether-Tools cable. I know this is long but I have no issues using this cable to connect the GFX 100 to my desktop. I have updated the Yoga BIOS and Windows 10. Windows Device Manager does not show issues with any of the USB hardware in the Yoga. I have tried a thumb drive in the USB ports and they are recognized normally. I have switched out the SD cards in the GFX. None of this has changed anything. This is preventing me from tethering to Capture One and is a real PITA. Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions? Thanks

Paul

you checked that connection mode is in "usb card" isn't it ?, i know everyone knows it , but simple things are overlooked sometimes , it happens to me every time , so make sure to check the connection settings again ,if it's still not solving then ,we can look more into it , have a nice day !

1 hour ago, pjsokal said:

No it doesn't make any difference, whether USB Card Reader, USB Tether Shooting Auto (the recommended setting for tethering in Capture One), USB Tether Shooting Fixed or even USB RAW Conv./Backup Restore.

when connected ,does it show usb connected sign on camera lcd ? .if it's not then my knowledge is limited and i guess we should wait for someone who's more expert in this issues to help you with solving the issue ASAP. 

meanwhile i bumped into a article ,make sure you check these steps ,if you have missed any of this click here 

another article in c1 page

i hope your issue get's solved very soon , have a nice day ! ,when i find something , i'll surely inform you !

Edited by K PRETHVIRAJ

Looked at the articles and I think I've tried almost everything they suggested. I initially thought the issue was C1 but then I realized the computer wasn't recognizing the camera. I'll try connecting with the SD cards removed. That's one thing I haven't tried. It does say in the manual not to use a cable longer than 1.5 M, which eliminates much of the tethering advantage but the long cable I'm using works fine with my Desktop and the GFX 100 and with my three other Fuji bodies including the 50R connecting to the Yoga. Maybe the power loss into the Yoga is too much for it?

9 hours ago, pjsokal said:

Looked at the articles and I think I've tried almost everything they suggested. I initially thought the issue was C1 but then I realized the computer wasn't recognizing the camera. I'll try connecting with the SD cards removed. That's one thing I haven't tried. It does say in the manual not to use a cable longer than 1.5 M, which eliminates much of the tethering advantage but the long cable I'm using works fine with my Desktop and the GFX 100 and with my three other Fuji bodies including the 50R connecting to the Yoga. Maybe the power loss into the Yoga is too much for it?

maybe , but it's good to try that method , if it works then we could look for a cable with that specification which can preserve the power levels , luckily there is long cables with that feature . so let's try using a short cable with the specifications as they say and see if it works , try in all ports ,especially the usb 3 of computer . hope to see you be successful in making it work ! .have a nice day ahead ! and good luck !

4 minutes ago, pjsokal said:

Thanks so much for your help. Now to find a short tether cable, feels more like a leash really🙂

yeah it's always feeling better when we know there is something more to try rather than ,having no solution to a problem . i wish the short cable with the specification mentioned by them is the perfect solution ! . wish you a lucky day ahead ! 

3 hours ago, pjsokal said:

Well tried a 2m cable. Couldn't find a 1.5m. No change. Removed the SD cards. No change. I'm stumped.

I guess, now it's better to contact Fujifilm service and check if there is a hardware issue on USB port of camera , even when it's charging it might have hardware issue in data pins of a USB . so I think it will be good to have it checked before we try another solutions , so we can be sure there is no hardware issues , before we can continue ! .i hope this helps . reply if there is any updates , Wish you good luck ! Have a nice day ,i wish to see your issue getting fixed ASAP ! .so Fujifilm service checkup is my personal opinion .....

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Did you solve the problem?

I remember having the same issue, but then it was somewhere in the software I had to enable.  Bizarre, can't remember exactly but it really was somewhere in the settings. Fuji sometimes handles the interface very strangely. Also for example if you want to see the grid you have to choose show grid. But then nothing happens. The trick. somewhere in some other settings you have to enable it. Very weird and can drive you crazy.

Sorry cant help you further, but I really cant remember which setting it was. I ordered 2 new USB 3 cables and everything...I know how you feel:)

GOOD LUCK

Suzan

Hi Suzan. Thanks for following up. Yes, I did solve this. Given that this only occurred with my laptop and not my desktop, I suspected it was the computer and not the camera at fault. I finally found a USB power setting in the Lenovo software that allowed the USB outlet to be used for charging, even when the computer was not in use. Disabling this solved the issue. Must have somehow affected the USB power output I guess, but I am happy to be able to shoot again tethered to my laptop.