PARTIAL PHOTOS UPLOAD

widespace

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello

I bought a new Fuji X-T3 and went to take some pictures, JPG + RAF.  I used two SIM cards (one as a backup).  When I got back home, I started uploading all of them to my computer (Mac).  I removed the main SIM card from the camera and plugged it into a multi/card reader, the same way I always do.  There were in total: RAF = 147 photos, and JPG = 159 photos.  I was able to upload: RAF = 75 photos (51%), and JPG = 117 photos (74%).  After those photos were uploaded, an error message appeared in the screen: THE FINDER CAN’T COMPLETE THE OPERATION BECAUSE SOME DATA IN (NAME OF THE NEXT PICTURE) CAN’T BE READ OR WRITTEN. ERROR CODE -36.  No more photos were uploaded, even when I tried several times.  I also tried doing the process one photo at a time, and also repeated the process with the second SIM card.  Same results.

Thinking that the two SIM cards were corrupted or damaged at the same time (???), I then tried to format and take some more pictures with another SIM card and to upload them to the computer.  The same situation and exact message came up over.  I am able to see all the pictures (RAF & JPG) directly from the SIM cards connected to the Mac, I just can’t upload them to it.  My frustration is that 51% of the RAF, and 74% of the JPG photos were already uploaded using the same method, devices, computer, etc., without any problem, and then just stopped.

What can I do or check for?  Is that something to do with the way the camera store the photos in the SIM card?  Again, it performed as expected PARTIALLY, and then stopped!

Thank you for your advise.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.36.34 AM.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Matsimillian
      Hello! 

I’m a bit worried I did a bad deal. I bought a used Fujifilm XT-3 quite cheap yesterday. I am the 3rd owner.
      The first owner was a professional photographer that bought the camera in 2019.
      Neither me or the seller can find the shutter count by checking the EXIF. He got a shutter count of 391, I got a count of 3. 
      Seller told me he had the camera on service once to fix the shutter button, could the service guys have reset the counter?
      I also noticed when I got home I had to put in the date and time again even though I tested the camera like two hours before at the sellers place.
      I read this might be due to a small capacitor that stores some memory. Can this be the reason behind the reset shutter count?
      Appreciate any advice on how I can find the total shutter count, if I should return the camera or just live with the unknown and enjoy the camera.
    • By Dimitrisot
      Hello there! I am a new buyer on Fujifilm. I own the X-S10 5 days. 
      I shoot compressed and uncompressed stills. 
      I have adjust setting for wired connection and set menu to USB CARD READER. 
      When i open the Fujifilm file on my PC i can see only JPGs and not my RAW FILES.  I use a Sandisk SDXC extreme pro 64GB, UHS - 1, U-3, V-30 memory card. 
      (I used a card reader too. I can view only jpgs too. See the foto below).
      Am i doing something wrong?
      The camera body is updated to 2.10.

• By claudiozavalajr
      I’ve been importing video files from my XT3 to iPhone using SD Card adapter with no issue for several years. 

now for some reason, I can’t.
      So I imported to iMac on Photos app. After syncing its is now on my phone. Video plays in album but I cannot import them to any video editing app. 

I’m using iPhone w most current iOS.
      Please help! 
    • By AZWolf
      Hi All,

I recently published a Fuji-centric article on the best lenses for infrared photography. Most of the lenses I tested and reported on are XF mount. I did include some Sony FF and Micro 4/3 as well. I include several images too, of course.

You can see the article on PetaPixel or my blog

Hope you find it useful!

Happy shooting,
      Joel