Headshots

Phil

Here are some headshots I've taken, all with the X-T1 and 35 1.4. I really like the 50mm equiv. for headshots. I find there's not too much perspective distortion on most faces, and it feels more dramatic and personal to me.

16045292265_cc1647212f_c.jpgJeff BW by philbabbey, on Flickr

15989218300_270a08286e_c.jpgDSCF0086bw by philbabbey, on Flickr

15554172504_20ded11faf_c.jpgDSCF0070bw by philbabbey, on Flickr

16024177199_b8ff2b2978_c.jpgDave b&w by philbabbey, on Flickr

16024459317_cabbf0f336_c.jpgDave by philbabbey, on Flickr

16169749853_9f6b64f344_c.jpgJosh by philbabbey, on Flickr

17047472881_78e5bd2171.jpgDawn by philbabbey, on Flickr

Here's another headshot, with the x100t - so 35mm equivalent. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

New here, but thought I'd throw in a couple of my own studio headshots. All X-T1 with either 56mm or 50-140mm.

These two were commercial jobs for an actress and a realtor:

These are just me playing on an off day:

Critique/Comment welcome!

Tereza , London 2015

x100s godox flash and octa softbox  

William,London 2015

X100s godox and Roundflash beautydish 

• 2 weeks later...

Tereza,2015 

#X100s 

• 1 month later...

I enjoy taking headshot as a memory when I travel. For this purpose I travel light with the FUJI 60mm attached to my XE-1 as secondary camera for portraits. Here are some headshots I took in Cambodia and Thailand. I'm a backpacker that enjoys taking photographs, I'll be more than happy to hear your comments in order to improve. 

18733848650_ede6218fb6_z.jpg

18733873510_25908af8cc_z.jpg

19320749059_8cf308ae68_z.jpg

19216093569_6b3539ea4e_z.jpg

18919941545_82e07e9d92_z.jpg

18893685946_912ac2587f_z.jpg

I was covering a childrens event at church yesterday. All taken with the X-T1 and 35mm. I just love this lens!

An opportunity shot.  Replaced the BG because it was too busy and I liked the character in his face enough to think it worth while.

XT-1 18-55mm.

Serena

• 3 weeks later...

I'm enjoying all these creative portraits! Certainly puts to rest, at least from my viewpoint, that the Fuji sensor isn't a good choice for portraits due to creating a "plastic skin look" or other comments on how faces look. Don't have my X-T10 yet but looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shorter focal length lenses provide an intimacy that longer focal lengths deny. For formal portraits, certainly the longer lenses are in order since formality is the antitheses of intimacy. The widest of lenses are great for environmental portraits, and as long as the subject is in the central area, distortion is minimal. A shift lens on an adapter offers the ability to move the subject out of the central area if following the suggestion of thirds composition. With people, short lenses do present a challenge, but have the potential to create very powerful relationships between subject and viewer.

I'll join the party :)

Mira, Fuji X-T1, 56 1.2 APD

I'm enjoying all these creative portraits! Certainly puts to rest, at least from my viewpoint, that the Fuji sensor isn't a good choice for portraits due to creating a "plastic skin look" or other comments on how faces look. Don't have my X-T10 yet but looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had that plastic skin look in the beginning, but I found that for studio use, Classic Chrome gives the best skin tones, onto which you can also add your own colouring afterwards, if required. Sharpening differently helps a lot too, I tend to go with amount 25, radius 0.7, detail 60-80, masking 0. This works fine for me and greatly improves how my images look.

• 2 months later...

X-T1 and XF56mm f/1.2

• 3 weeks later...