Flash settings stuck on Sync Terminal on XT2

Argentus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello. I just acquired a EF X20 Flash. I put it on the hot shoe but my XT2 (firmware 4.40) recognizes it as in sync terminal. So I can only acces the Manual mode (the TTL Mode in Flash Settings is grayed out). The flash does fire on Manual, but the TTL is not working.

When I put the EF X8 Flash, it simply does not even fire. 

I am on single shot and mechanic shutter.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks a lot!

IMG_2969.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 2:45 PM, Argentus said:

Hello. I just acquired a EF X20 Flash. I put it on the hot shoe but my XT2 (firmware 4.40) recognizes it as in sync terminal. So I can only acces the Manual mode (the TTL Mode in Flash Settings is grayed out). The flash does fire on Manual, but the TTL is not working.

When I put the EF X8 Flash, it simply does not even fire. 

I am on single shot and mechanic shutter.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks a lot!

Hidden

Have you selected Silent Mode?

Flash will not work if you have

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By AntJames
      Hi,
       I’m trying long exposure Photography using a 10 stop filter. 
      I have 2 issues- firstly with noise reduction selected ‘ON’ and during an overcast day shooting a fast flowing river in Wales and using ‘B’ mode with cable release the actual exposure was 4 minutes, this was achieved by trying an exposure at say 1 min which resulted in black and thus increasing the time until it looked right on the scene and this History gram confirmed this. I  then have to wait another 4 minutes for processing to take place removing ‘hot pixels’, which I get.
      But here’s the thing once noise reduction is turned ‘OFF’ the initial exposure drops dramatically to 45” ! 
      I understand the processing isn’t being applied after but why has the initial exposure of 4 mins with it on, dropped to 45” whilst off ? 
      At the time I was surprised it was as long as 4’ .
      what’s going on to make it sooooo long ? 
    • By ibraxwane
      Hi guys,
      Hope you're all well.
      My Fuji randomly stopped turning on a few weeks ago. The screen turns on but not completely (as seen on the attachments). Changing to the Viewfinder also doesn't work, shutter doesn't go off...nothing works. When I turn it off, the screen stays on; I have to remove the battery for my camera to shut down. I've interchanged between my 3 batteries multiple times, and the problem persists.
      I've looked for solutions on forums, but never found anything that fits. Tried updating the firmware through an SD card but the camera won't even turn on for the update to begin in the first place.

Any tips? I'd love to hear from you guys!
      Cheers,
      Ibra

• By Filand
      Hello,
      I have a quick question regarding the XT-2.  I jumped from a Canon 40D to the XT-2 some time ago.  I love the camera and the feel and output are fantastic for me.  With that said, I have noticed that I have a harder time (on the Fuji) transferring what I see in my viewfinder to my computer screen.  In other words there seems to be a disconnect between what I see in the computer and what I remember being in the viewfinder.  I don't think it is a color or exposure issue, maybe a framing?  Not quite sure.  Do I simply need more experience with the camera?  I'm using a 18-55 for both cameras.  Thank you.
    • By Thubten
      I have used cameras for a long time, none of them weather sealed, without any damage from water or dust.In fact I don't recall it even being an issue.But now I am deciding between an xt2 and xt20 ,mainly on this basis and the $700 price difference.I will never be out in the rain with this gear, but it will be exposed to ordinary dust, and perhaps high tropical humidity.I am leaning towards the xt20.This has perhaps been covered before, but I can't find a search function.
    • By Danny Bates
      Is anyone else having this problem?
      My XT2 works beautifully with my Godox flashes (two AD200s and one AD600) when my shutter speed is 500 or higher. But if I drop the shutter speed below 500, the flashes stop firing.
      I'm using the Godox XPro-F transmitter.
      So what I'm really wanting is "Low Speed Sync" so I can use my Godox flashes at speeds like 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, etc.
      Why I do not suspect the transmitter or flashes
      I can press the test button on the transmitter and the flashes fire I can put the same transmitter on my X100s and shoot at any shutter speed and the flashes fire successfully This makes the XT2 my prime suspect.
      Under the flash function setting menu, I do have Sync Mode set to AUTO FP(HSS) but I've tried the other settings with no success either (and didn't expect those to help anyway).
      I am in single shot mode and not using bracketing or multi-exposure features.
      And it doesn't matter if I manually turn off HSS via the menus on the flash units.
      Do you have any suggestions I can try next?
      Can you see if you are able to shoot and sync at 1/60 using your XT2 and Godox transmitter and flashes?
      Any help or suggestions will be thoroughly appreciated!