External mic connection

sbakush

Hi guys. New to the group, but not new to the XT3.

It's first time I'm connecting to an external mic (Deity V-mic D3 Pro). I went into the audio settings, shut off the internal mics, kept the external mic at +0DB, connected the 3.5mm connector into the mic jack of my fujifilm xt3 but when i record, there is nothing that comes out. The audio leveler also doesn't really move much.

Is there something else I need to do in the settings to get the audio coming from my external mic?

Thank you in advance.

• 9 months later...
On 12/15/2020 at 11:21 AM, sbakush said:

Hi guys. New to the group, but not new to the XT3.

It's first time I'm connecting to an external mic (Deity V-mic D3 Pro). I went into the audio settings, shut off the internal mics, kept the external mic at +0DB, connected the 3.5mm connector into the mic jack of my fujifilm xt3 but when i record, there is nothing that comes out. The audio leveler also doesn't really move much.

Is there something else I need to do in the settings to get the audio coming from my external mic?

Thank you in advance.

I'm having the same issue, did you solve yours?

• 3 months later...

I had this problem as well. I read in another forum that Deity's "magic handshake" TRRS cable doesn't work on the XT3 so you need to buy a TRS cable and use it instead. Something about the pin spacing in the X-T3 audio jack. Any decent shielded TRS 3.5mm cable should work. I bought this cable from Amazon and it works fine:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076C4MM5P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details