X-S10 tethering and X Acquire

CarlosXS10

Hi. I just bought a new X-S10 and one of the first things I tried was to tether it in some way to my computer (Mac). I downloaded the Fujifilm X Acquire software as it shows the X-S10 as a compatible model. But I can’t seem to discover the way to make it work.

The software doesn’t detect the camera.

I looked in the connection settings menu of the camera and I don’t see the usual options that seem to be needed to tether the camera.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to send pictures directly to a computer while shooting on the X-S10?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Tethering is not supported by the x-s10. Some optimists think that this lack of functionality is a bug that will be fixed by Fuji. unfortunately,  not offering tethering in the x-s10 is a strategic marketing decision by Fuji like they did with the x-t30.

x-aquire only enables usb-based download of pictures or videos stored on the camera. you can do this with any file explorer.

The problem is that Fuji X-acquire on a Mac at least isn’t working at all with my camera. No tethering (I get that this is on purpose so people buy the X-T4), no syncing of the images vai usb, nothing.

And no, on a Mac a simple file explorer isn’t enough to access the files on the camera as it doesn’t mount as an external drive. I either have to get a card reader or use Image capture software.

Why put a camera on the compatibility list if the software doesn’t even recognize and connect to the camera?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, 0301chris said:

Tethering is not supported by the x-s10. Some optimists think that this lack of functionality is a bug that will be fixed by Fuji. unfortunately,  not offering tethering in the x-s10 is a strategic marketing decision by Fuji like they did with the x-t30.

x-aquire only enables usb-based download of pictures or videos stored on the camera. you can do this with any file explorer.

ok. Its meaning that I can't connect my camera with Capture One for example? I want to make a pictures directly from Capture One. It is possible with x s10?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I absolutely loved this camera until I tried to shoot tethered. 

This was an absolute disappointment to me, as I am a pro, and wanted the camera to be my walk about, and my back up in the studio, and on location. Well it looks like only the first part of that plan is going to happen. Not being able to shoot tethered is such an unnecessary crippling of an otherwise wonderful instrument.  If I had known about this limitation, I doubt I would have bought it, I probably would have gotten an XT4 and used my existing XT2 as the back up. So, Fuji kind of screwed themselves out of $800 in camera sales, and screwed me out of a new studio cam.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Frédéric. said:

Hi, I'm So Frutrated by this no tethering mode avalable on X-S10.

PLEASE Fuji: make an update for this.

I believe there's a petition, or address at Fujifilm to write to, in a thread about Ronin gimbals.

• 4 weeks later...

I was literally about to buy this camera for use with a Laowa macro lens, but if it can't be used with a desktop stacking app, then forget it.

The support page for C1 21 shows a clear delineation between what Fuji considers "tether-worthy" cameras and those that aren't...including the X-S10. Foolish choice on their part; and I'm not bumping up to an X-T4 just to tether.

My other candidate is the Canon M6 II, which can tether w/ live-view. As can Nikon's Z50.

Edited by KrisAK

• 4 weeks later...