FUJI X-T4 HEADPHONE ADAPTER PART

AngelG

I recently bought a Fuji X-T4 and within a month my USB-C headphone jack adapter began to come apart so, since Fuji did not offer a replacement part, I bought a replacement part on Amazon but it didn't work. I then bought another couple of adaptors of different brands to be safe and none worked. I bought a 4th one from another brand and it didnt work either. The original Fuji adapter still works, though flimsy, so I'm able to verify that it's not a camera set up -or me- but rather the fact that no adaptor but the original that came with the camera works.  I google the crap out of it and nobody has a replacement part or even talks about it. I search in Fuji forum's and nada, it's not a thing. After Fuji makes the Apple-like mistake of taking away the essential mini headphone jack, am I the first and only cat who wants to have a replacement in the world? Has anybody else found a replacement part that works? Fuji, if you're listening, can you, like, offer a replacement part so that, if we loose the dongle or it falls apart like mine has we are not like, totally screwed on a remote location not able to monitor sound with headphones, which is like, a world-wide standard procedure for recording video!? I'm I dreaming!?

Edited by AngelG

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought a two usb-c to 3.5mm audio adapters on eBay recently.

The first one did NOT show up on my Mac either as an input or output device, but worked fine as a headphone monitor adapter on my X-T4 and X-E4 in movie mode. I couldn't make it work with my Mac.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394395680698

The second one was advertised as containing 'a Connexant Smart DAC chip' and showed up on my Mac as a USB-C audio device on both input and output. I could listen to music from my Mac and see the volume go up and down as I touched the microphone on my headset. (My headsets were an Apple wired earbuds or a pair of Sennheiser Urban headphones with microphone, both with a 3.5mm TRRS connector) The second adapter did not work with either my X-T4 nor my X-E4.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225460955405

Not sure where this leaves you...