50mm equivalent: Mitakon or 7artisans? Or else?

6mon

Hi All

I have the 35mm f1.4 that I like a lot. It's kinda welded to my xpro2 as it takes 99% of my photos. I like the simplicity of the 50mm equivalent fov, and the fact I can use it for almost everything.

I'm looking for another 35mm lens, with a wider opening, as 1.4 does not always take enough light in (I do a lot of portraits at night). So I'm considering the Mitakon 35mm f0.95, which seems to have a lot of good user reviews. I can get it used under 400€ I think. 

Meanwhile, 7artisans announced a similar lens for half that price which, if I am to believe the hype, is equal if not better than the Mitakon.

Should I believe it, and get the 7 artisans?

Or should I consider that 7artisans sent their best copies for youtubers for review, and that in reality, a 250$ lens can't be as good as a 550$ one? in which case I should get the Mitakon?

6mon

He's not a youtuber but I don't think he bought a copy of the lens neither. That's the problem with this kind of review, it's hard to think a manufacturer would send a random lens from their production. It's obviously the best one they could find. Hard to believe the review.

• 1 month later...