When to buy an X-E3 or X-E2?

I'm planning to purchase an X-E3 or X-E2 (perhaps used) within the next several months. So far the best deal I've seen is a used X-E3 for $649.99 CAD ($508.39 USD). Does it make sense to buy it now, or to wait for a price drop when the X-E4 is released? 

And is there a big difference between the X-E2 and X-E3? 

By the time the X-E4 comes out, supply of new X-E3's will likely be very limited. I can't imagine what features the X-E4 will have that would make me prefer it over the X-E3 anyway. I have two X-E3's, and I couldn't be happier with them.

Given a comparison of the X-E2 and X-E3, I heavily prefer the X-E3 because of the sensor resolution (24 mp vs 16 mp) and the ergonomics. The button layout of the X-E3 is extremely intuitive; I do not look at the camera to operate it while shooting. The correct buttons are already under my fingers. I also like the flash capabilities of the X-E3 and its supplied EF-X8 flash, which I use as a commander for off-camera flash arrays. The X-E3 doesn't have a built in flash like the X-E2, but the flash capability of the X-E3 is extremely flexible. 

Unless your intended use is video-centric, the X-E3 is one of the most amazing photo platforms I experienced in the last  fifty years. I looked a used X-E2, and the ergonomics just didn't feel as elegant to me.

20 hours ago, Ilya said:

And is there a big difference between the X-E2 and X-E3? 

When X-E3 was introduced I looked forward to upgrade my X-E2 asap, but the real thing was a bitter letdown for me. It lost d-pad, built-in flash, has worse EVF, worse overall build quality. I don't need joystick, don't like poor implemented touch screen, don't like size reduction. So I wait for X-E4, though already don't expect anything exciting. It will hardly be ILC x100v which I want. I was ready to buy X-Pro3 but that screen (((... so I'm sitting on the fence and meanwhile upgrading my Hi-Fi setup.

• 1 month later...

I would definitely wait for the X-E4 to come out.

I like my X-E3 but it was converted to B&W IR, so I want another small rangefinder styled camera, but only if it has a tilt screen.

I also wish the built in flash was back, as I had used that for some minor fill flash (but have to be carful as the flash casts shadows from the lens hood on some lenses.