Shutter speed not visible on the X-T4's LCD

murigius

On a couple of YT tutorials for the X-T4 and even on Fujifilm’s site: https://fujifilm-x.com/.../beginner-month-2-exposure-and.../

I’ve seen images of the bottom of the LCD screen showing the 3 shooting levels: Shutter speed, Aperture setting, and ISO. If the aperture is changed, the shutter speed changes on the fly (in Aperture Priority) as it should, but.... regardless of the shooting mode, the X-T4 does not show the Shutter Speed in the LCD as it looks here in this screen shot from the Fuji site:

I’m using Fujinon’s XF18-55 and the XF50-140 f/2.8 lenses.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

*UPDATE* I did a "Still Menu Reset" and voilá! I now have all three settings at the bottom of my LCD screen! "SS, F, and ISO A3" .... so thanks for those who tried to help, but now it's solved  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by murigius

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the same with my newly bought X-T4, the shutter speed disappeared and I was not able to make it visible again.
In a desperate action to make it visible again I did a "Still Menu Reset" as suggested, and there it was. But! When I then started
to make all settings as I had them before the reset, the shutter speed was gone from the display again! By toggling around
with different settings I found that setting "Dynamic Range" to "Auto" was the cause of it all. All other setting of "Dynamic Range"
will let the shutter speed show in the display, but not "Auto"! Since I can't find any documentation about this in the manual
I will treat this as a bug.

Thoughts anyone?

2 hours ago, Micke said:

I noticed the same with my newly bought X-T4, the shutter speed disappeared and I was not able to make it visible again.
In a desperate action to make it visible again I did a "Still Menu Reset" as suggested, and there it was. But! When I then started
to make all settings as I had them before the reset, the shutter speed was gone from the display again! By toggling around
with different settings I found that setting "Dynamic Range" to "Auto" was the cause of it all. All other setting of "Dynamic Range"
will let the shutter speed show in the display, but not "Auto"! Since I can't find any documentation about this in the manual
I will treat this as a bug.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks, Micke. My "Shutter Speed" indication remains bottom left of my LCD, along with the Aperture and ISO .... but if it ever disappears I'll check to see if things got switched to Auto in the "Dynamic Range" setting. This does seem like a bug that Fujifilm needs to be aware of.

Thanks for your support Murigius. I think I have now posted a comment on this to Fujifilm, but I'm uncertain if I used the right channel. I posted my report using the contact form on the Fujifilm web site. Just to check, the "support" area in this forum is for support of the forum itself, right?

• 1 year later...