X-T3 rear dial button too sensitive

Hi all,

I just bought X-T3 camera (switched from Olympus) and have an issue with the rear dial button. I am not able to rotate it without pushing it as a button. That means it is too sensitive and I can rotate it just by nail and not by the finger. In principle I do not need it but it is the only way how to change values in Q-menu. Has anybody similar experience? If yes, any tip how to solve it? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Marek, Yes I have the exact same issue... the rear control dial presses too easily when I'm trying to rotate it with my thumb. I had my camera repaired for another issue (via SquareTrade warranty service) and also told them about about the rear control dial.

When the camera was returned it was obvious they'd fixed everything *except* that. For now I try to work around the issue by pressing downward on the dial as I rotate it, in order to gain a bit of traction with my thumb. Also, the dial functions a bit worse, even, in cold weather. 

Randy

..also (if you happen to see my response) the Q menu values can be changed via the touch screen directly. I bought my X-T3 last July and It took me a few months to stumble across this solution, and not for lack of geeking out on the Youtube videos and the manual.

I wonder if anyone else has the same issue.. with the rear control dial pressing/entering too easily. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• X100S https://fujistreetphotography.wordpress.com/
    • Which manual settings did you use? Don‘t depend just on the viewfinder in dark environents or with large aperture values since it will brighten up the picture with standard viewfinder settings. Look at the exposure indicator, should be around 0.
    • When I shoot "street" with adapted lenses I use f8 - f11, if I want utilize max aperture (1.2 - 1.8) I try to focus without focus peaking as it might cheat you.
    • Finally picked up an XF 100-400mm after looking for a good deal for a while and took it out for a spin this weekend. Fired off a few tests shots and they seemed fine but then everything after that was heavily under exposed to the point I could barely make out the image. Nothing was changed in any major way in terms of manual settings and if I switched to a different lens the issue was gone and all images appeared in view mode as they appeared through the viewfinder when taken. Back to the 100-400 and switched to auto mode and then all the photos were fine but everything I shot with manual settings was under exposed again. Am I missing something? It seems like it's purely a lens issue and nothing to do with the settings as I tried 3 other lenses and didn't have any issues with any of them. I'm at a loss here and would love some help. I'm hoping it's just something really easy I've overlooked.. (Shooting with an X-Pro 2)
    • I like buying local. But I also like to check internet prices. and I also dont like getting bent over on pricing but once again I like to support our local stores. I called a local camera shop and the price was close to double what ebays new pricing is. Is there a difference in actual Fuji lenses like where they are made or quality differences? In the same lens  Thanks for any help Rick