DragonFly Traveller

Complete Ludite Here - Need Some Guidance Please

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Due to circumstances, I will be  isolating over the winter (6 months from now) as many of us are and I have been gifted an upgrade from XT2 to XT3 - is this a big bonus?  It seems a massive step up as I never really got completely into the 2 but do love the images I have produced so far - with a huge mass of time I have a long term project ahead.  I do not have the hardware in hand yet so I have an additional couple of questions - I presume that the lenses from XT2 will be interchangeable and will my extra batteries  work with the upgrade?

Thanks So much for being there and so much for any supporting Ideas you may have - Dragonfly!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By xlimey
      Hi there,
      I've been using Fuji since the X-E1 days and graduated through X-E2, X-T2 and am now enjoying the X-T4. I had been shooting Canon 5D Mk III but loved the light weight and small size of the Fuji X system, and when all my Canon gear was stolen during a house move I never replaced it.
      Landscape and architecture are my favorite things to shoot, but with lockdown I have ventured into macro and still life. Looking at Lightroom stats, the XF10-24mmF4 is my favorite lens to shoot 🙂closely followed by the XF18-55mmF2.8-4, which is way too good for a "kit lens". I recently got the 7Artisans 60mm macro and it's amazing value for money with great image quality and bokeh.
      I'm dating myself here, but I started out learning how to develop and print black & white 120 format film. I came up via the Russian Zenit SLR, Braun Paxette 35mm viewfinder (and external light meter) and Minolta SLR in the film world. I graduated to digital with the Olympus E-10 and then Canon 10D.
      I grew up in the UK but spent most of my career in the US, recently returning to live in Oxford.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By FirstLook
      Hello everyone!  I am excited to be a part of a great community and have recently purchased some used equipment.  I was able to snag the X-T3, 56mm f1.2, 23mm f1.4, and 16mm 1.4 through various ebay deals.  I took the family to the zoo and put the 56mm f1.2 through it's paces and enjoyed it thoroughly.  I am still learning the system and all of the settings.  I think I had one or two good shots that don't need a lot of post work, but never the less it was a lot of fun to use.

• By geejays
      Hi there,
      Just joined the Forum and will be interested to see how it goes. I p/x'd some of my canon gear for an X-Pro2 about a year ago and am very pleased with it. Then bought an XT2 with grip and a couple of long zooms. Generally very pleased with the change of gear which mostly matches my change of photographic interest. The size and picture quality certainly outweigh the couple of issues I have found in still trying to shoot nature/ wildlife. I am however adjusting my shooting style and am getting used to the change in functionality. Once the faults in my gear have been sorted under warranty I will be fully back in action. Just wish the support was a bit more switched on. Cannot compare with Canon on this front with personal experience however, but a friend had awful issues getting problems on his new Canon sorted out. Hopefully Fuji are better.
      I accept problems with new items of any sort but what makes for a good manufacturer to my mind is the quality of their support when problems arise. I look forward to a successful outcome with my faulty Fuji gear.
    • By jimnotjon
      Evening all. 

My names Jim from a little city called Lincoln, Lincolnshire in the UK. If you're reading this and from the UK, you've probably heard of where I am from recently due to the success of our football team. I'm not a football fan, but it's good the boys have done well.

I've been into photography from a really young age, starting off from pinching my parents Kodak film camera (the long thin type you pulled apart and pushed together to wind the film on!) and having one of my photos I took of a windmill locally, published in the local paper when I was around 8 or 9 years old.

It wasn't until about 13 years ago that I really started to take a real interest in the hobby. I saved up and bought a Fuji S9600 Bridge Camera. I loved this and it really helped develop my skills, but it begun to restrict me somewhat with regards to versatility (unable to change lens) and go fully manual to learn what things do.
      I then purchased a Pentax K10d DSLR and built up a small collection of lenses, which I used to death up until last year, when a colleague of mine began to show me his collection of various Fuji X cameras. I loved the design, how compact they were but most of all the image quality, notably the ISO perfomance, which I still can't believe today.  

I have been a happy owner of my XT-10 now for almost a year. I have the basic XF 18-55mm, which for a "kit" lens is unbeliebable quality, a XC 50-230mm which I use a lot for wildlife photography and motorsport's and a Samyang 8mm Fish eye. 

I would love a few more different lenses, particularly the 100-400mm lens, but with the cost it's completely pipe dreams for me. I may hire one, but I worry that it'll make me want one even more.  Would also love another lens to help with wedding photography, something that will give a nice DOF. I have one wedding under my belt, but need more confidence!

Anyway, that's my rather long winded hello. I'm off to explore the forum. 

regards,

Jim.
    • By samir.ljuma
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.   I will try to upload more photos on my instagram profile chkrap          
    • I have just collected my new Fuji X-S10 camera and was concerned about the software to use. I moved from Lightroom to ACDSee Ultimate back in 2010 but realised a change was needed for Fuji. I tested out the fuji recommended free software (silkypix and Capture One) and decided to give Capture One a try. However after an email to them Capture One could not say when they would support the X-S10. I then found On1 had already incorporated the X-S10 into its 2021 version.  I purchased i
    • Jonno, I picked up my X-S10 yesterday and like you had some concerns regarding focus modes. My previous camera was an EOS M5 and I used auto focus but when I wanted to lock the focus I was able to press a button and go straight to Manual focus mode. I wanted to replicate this ability in my new camera and have found a solution. I have set the camera to Back Button Focus. I now press and release the AFON button for single auto-focus, press and hold the AFON button for continuous auto-focus and whe
    • I wear the X-E2 on a neck strap, cross body, under the left arm ~ so, for me, the 27mm makes that camera almost unnoticeable...but, with the Fujicron 35mm f/2, I'm much more aware of the camera.  And...I'm discovering that my dominant (right) eyes tends to "see" in 40-43mm, rather than in 52-53mm.
    • I have not found a way to access the extended ISO range on my X-T200, whether I am in normal or fine image mode and there is nothing anywhere else on the web that addresses this. Perhaps you got this confused with a different model of Fujifilm camera and this is not actually a feature available on the X-T200?
    • Best cooking video ever.  Even a Bob Ross apperition.  I may try making this myself. Best, Don Barar