Fujifilm X-S10 + XF56mm f/1.2 or XF 50mm f/1.0

arunakiri495

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I came here to look for some advice and opinions regarding my purchase decision.

I am a owner of the Fujifilm X-T3 with following lenses: XF 10-24mm, XF 16-55mm, XF50-140mm

I plan on getting one prime lens for portraits and low light photography. I have these two lenses in mind: XF 56mm f1.2 or the new XF 50mm f1.

Now, the things is..the price difference is huuuge. So I was thinking, for the money i could get the upcoming X-S10 which comes with IBIS combined with the XF 56mm f1.2.

Or maybe I should get the XF50mm f1 for it's weather resistance, aperture and 77mm filter thread (I have Polarpro ND filters 77mm which would fit perfectly) and use it on my X-T3 which doesn't have IBIS.

Looking forward to your comments:)

Have a great day!

Edited by arunakiri495

1 hour ago, syborg said:

I would go with XF 56/1.2 used, or XF 50/2.

It seems 50/1 is not that great for its price.

P. S.

You probably should change the subject of this topic (unless I'm missing something).

oops, i've somehow accidentaly put in my name instead of the name of the topic. Thanks for pointing it out.

I have my eye on the 56 1.2  Saving my pennies.  Ive been watching a lot of YouTube vids and the lens cant be faulted all apart from lack of weather sealing.  I wouldn't worry about that... nothing a plastic bag cant fix if you really do need to shoot in the rain.

Only if you frequently shoot in inclining weather or plan a trip into the Sahara desert, WR makes some sense. Usually with a little bit of care you can perfectly use a non-WR lens in rainy weather too. My most used lens is the 23/f1.4 (also non-WR) and it's been in downpours in India and didn't give up.

• 1 month later...

Realistically, both the 50 and 56 will be stopped down a bit. For portraits, you should have enough light so it comes down to backdrop distance difference (δl or boke). For night shots, sensor generation has been most important.

Start with the least expensive option and swap if you need more?