Plug-in power being seen as USB connection

AndrewR

My XT-4 was working fine, but suddenly now when I operate it on USB C power (using the pack and cable that came with the camera), the camera thinks it's on a USB connection to a computer and turns off all imaging.  

I temporarily fixed it by switching the USB connection to USB Auto (from Read Disk), but I was hoping not to have to do that.

Anyone experience this or have any tips for fixing it?

Edited by AndrewR
Found a temporary (not ideal) fix

I just bought the xt4. I've been shooting a caged XT3 for a few years. Power from external monitor, usb out to usb into camera.

I bought a splitter with USB C/headphone and neither the headphone jack or USB for power works. 

Surely there's a way to power the camera and monitor audio through USB. 

Anyone?

Another thing I see while chasing audio and rigging my xt4. If you use the usb to audio dongle and send video to a monitor, you can't review your footage with an external monitor attached through hdmi. The audio gets shunted to the HDMI monitor, and that has a delay so is no good to monitor audio from while filming.

C'mon Fuji allow power and audio through USB at the same time and loop back the playback of audio through the usb on playback so that i can check my footage without having to turn off my external monitor.

Edited by Oops
Change