New FujiFilm XT30 Autofocus Beep Crackles?

theeightsixty

32 minutes ago, jerryy said:

Have you tried changing the volume setting to see if this has any affect?

Also do you notice any oddities when other sounds such as self-timer beep or shutter sound are played?

Hi thanks for responding!

Hi thanks for responding. I did try to lower the volume and it still makes the crackling noise. I also turned the volume off and it goes away. I have updated the firmware as well. 

The tricky part is whether or not there is crackling when the other sounds are played because they all use the same speaker. One thing to try (to pin down if the speaker is bad) is to turn off the mechanical shutter, turn on the electronic shutter and use each of the sound effects for the shutter sound. [This is on page 191 of the manual]. If they are also messed up, the speaker is most likely fried.

1 hour ago, jerryy said:

The tricky part is whether or not there is crackling when the other sounds are played because they all use the same speaker. One thing to try (to pin down if the speaker is bad) is to turn off the mechanical shutter, turn on the electronic shutter and use each of the sound effects for the shutter sound. [This is on page 191 of the manual]. If they are also messed up, the speaker is most likely fried.

I’ll give it a go. 

14 hours ago, jerryy said:

Here’s a video on my Instagram of the issue. https://www.instagram.com/p/CHf2GhFpe1r/?igshid=1sz7z8s6kdi0y

• 2 years later...