xh1 l bracket

tractorboyx

Arca-Swiss is both a brand and a standard. If you mean the original Arca-Swiss L-bracket Classic it will most certainly block the battery door. Its base plate is 8cm wide so approx. 4cm either side of the the mounting screw and the battery door of the X-H1 is about 3.5cm away from the mounting screw. The original is also quite expensive at around $250.

There are very good alternative L-Brackets with Arca-Swiss compatible slides. I've used one from SmallRig that is actually way better as it is designed for the X-H1 and covers the entire bottom-plate of the camera for protection and has a separate opening for the battery door. It costs around $70 and you can extend it to an entire camera cage in case of video accessories. Others from Sunwayfoto or Sirui are also good and affordable. There's also a premium one from Really Right Stuff but that's again around $250-275. Finally, there are really cheap ($30) knock-offs available on Ali-Express with greatly variable quality. I'd be careful with these because the photo might not always match the real product (e.g. no battery door opening in reality).

Herco, many thanks.

The reasoning behind the original AS l-bracket is the fact i can remove the L part and leave the bottom plate in place.

I already own the Smallrig bracket and  find it to bulky in my small camera bag insert.

I have tried other brackets, the 3LT slips with larger lens and the Neewer (purchased on amazon) was utter crap.

Again many thanks