Fujifilm 4k video editing software

KenMcD

I'm looking for recommendations for video editing software to use with the MOV/H.265 HEVC file format.  I have a really high spec PC that I built myself, but I've tried Corel VideoSuite Ultimate 2020, and I have also looked into Adobe Premier Pro.  Corel say they can handle that codec, but my PC just crashes as soon as I try to do anything with it - Adobe have acknowledged that the files need to be converted into a different format.  I have used Adobe Premier Rush and it lets me work on the files, but it has limited functionality for music editing. 

This format appears to be the highest spec format for video, and I'm planning to do some music videos which might need a lot of sound editing.  I have installed the Microsoft HEVC video extensions, PC is a 7th generation i7 processor, 48Gb RAM, 6gb graphics card.   

Is this just an example of bleeding edge technology - nobody else has got there yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

Have you considered trying Davinci Resolve?  I have used it with 4K H.265 4:2:0 generated with an X-T3.  Color grading tools are excellent.  Works well on a Mac.  But I know there is Windows version.  You can download the very powerful freeware version 17 that has no time limits to see if it works for you.

Don Barar

• 2 weeks later...

DaVinci Resolve has quite a bit of a learning curve (for me at least). I use it mainly for stabilizing videos.

Try VSDC or HitFilms. Like DaVinci Resolve, the free versions have enough features available for most needs. VSDC is more fully featured. There's a small cost to upgrade to a "pro" version which enables hardware acceleration especially handy if you have video card that you can utilize for video-related tasks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, KenMcD said:

I'm looking for recommendations for video editing software to use with the MOV/H.265 HEVC file format.  I have a really high spec PC that I built myself, but I've tried Corel VideoSuite Ultimate 2020, and I have also looked into Adobe Premier Pro.  Corel say they can handle that codec, but my PC just crashes as soon as I try to do anything with it - Adobe have acknowledged that the files need to be converted into a different format.  I have used Adobe Premier Rush and it lets me work on the files, but it has limited functionality for music editing. 

This format appears to be the highest spec format for video, and I'm planning to do some music videos which might need a lot of sound editing.  I have installed the Microsoft HEVC video extensions, PC is a 7th generation i7 processor, 48Gb RAM, 6gb graphics card.   

Is this just an example of bleeding edge technology - nobody else has got there yet?

davinci resolve works well , also vegas pro support hevc 4k editing . windows suggestions ! .hope this helps . have a nice day ahead !

Edited by K PRETHVIRAJ

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, FJ40Dan said:

Cyberlink power director - its been about 4 years since I used it but a great value, easy to use, and will do those files, made for windows

i have used that in my android phone to edit phone videos . does the windows version has the capabilities close to or similar to adobe premier pro ?, i haven't tried the windows version of the cyberlink power director , but the android version used to give less quality files compared to premier pro in my pc ,also didn't had many types of video exporting formats , still in android i always use it to do quick edit's for posting online etc.. but is the windows version good for professional work ? . please let me know , have a nice day ahead !

I have not used the phone version and yes the windows one will support the files you like and output proper ones too. 

Try it for free and see the comparison page for details on file support 

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html

PC mag review comparing the big guys for reference  

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/cyberlink-powerdirector

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I personally used many video editing softwares and I didn't like premiere and davinci. the problem fo me is that they require much performance and occupy a lot of space. Once I have tried online video editing tool, I stopped using everything else. And I really don't see any disadvantages. So I really recommend you trying www.fastreel.com

Edited by DonmikoF55

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 6:50 AM, DonmikoF55 said:

I personally used many video editing softwares and I didn't like premiere and davinci. the problem fo me is that they require much performance and occupy a lot of space. Once I have tried online video editing tool, I stopped using everything else. And I really don't see any disadvantages. So I really recommend you trying www.fastreel.com

I heard good things too about online editors recently.. but it is practical only for people who have high speed internet connection without data limit.. since uploading uncompressed video files from camera will use a lot of data and require a lot of time depending on the size and even when recording in fhd it goes beyond 20gb within 10 minutes.. so it is nice, but not very useful for everyone.. since people who could afford high speed internet without data limit which could upload 20gb in a hour.. can surely afford a m1 mac mini or macbook pro or any laptop with intel i9 or ryzen 9 and these devices can edit 4k dci videos effortlessly as you watch a movie...  also premier pro and davinci etc.. only take 3gb maximum for installation space... so i am not saying you're wrong etc.. because i heard good about it from a few professionals... but storage space and performance was not an issue at all, if you were discussing about editing videos taken with camera , factoring in the size of video files will be at least 100gb totally while you were recording a small 20 minute talk with a few extra scenes..  anyway , thanks for sharing your opinion about the online editing software.. but i was just explaining the differences so people can get an idea and can choose between easily.. because it's not applicable for everyone who doesn't have an unlimited high speed internet connection which also doesn't have any type of data or speed cap. but for a travelling enthusiast who has unlimited high speed internet.. this is indeed a very good option.. since they can work using any type of device, without worrying about it's hardware capabilities. have a nice day !.

Edited by K PRETHVIRAJ

• 2 years later...