Fuji IR

Enzio

I had Kolari Vision convert my X100S to dual spectrum, Infrared and Visible a couple of years ago.  I have to use a "Hot Filter" for visible light or IR filters for infrared.  I have hundreds of photos on Flickr and an infrared album there.  Look for Neal3k if you are interested.

Pros on my conversion - I can shoot IR as well as any adapted camera and still shoot visible.

Cons on my conversion - I have to always use a filter (although I do get a nice combined effect if I leave all filters off.)  Also my color balance with the Hot filter seems a bit different that it did before conversion.  Not a killer and worth having both choices.

I've tried filters on my new X100F and am not happy so I will just shoot with both cameras now.  It is worth the trouble for me since I love the results with both cameras.

Thanks Neil! I followed you. Feel free to follow me if you like. I'm planning on taking infrared photos more frequently now. Previously I had an infrared converted Lumix m4/3 camera. While I was happy with the camera, I hated having to carry two of everything. I also only had two lenses for the lumix. Having the converted X-E2 is so much easier. 

Edited by Nick05

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Dallas, Texas

p_9_p instagram

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jcg

Dallas, Texas

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jcg