Getting comfortable with the x100f...

I own the x100f and xh1. I was given the x100f as a gift and I just haven’t gotten comfortable with it. I must admit I haven’t had the amount of time I’d like to spend with it... But I just find I’m not as comfortable with it as let’s say the 35mmf2. Does any have any tips I might try. Considering I’ve been teaching myself photography it’s taking me a while to get comfortable overall. Thanks in advance.

Focal length is always very subjective and it depends on your style of photography.

If you absolutely prefer 35 mm over 23 mm then,  I think, you have some choices:

1. Go closer, according to Robert Capa: If your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough. 

If you are taking pictures of people, this may not be easy and you may feel embarrassed.

2. Crop your pictures to 35 mm equivalent. You will loose some resolution but for most cases there will be still enough. You can even adjust the framing.

3. You can add the TCL-X100, which will provide a view angle of an 32 mm lens. However, the TCL is a big lens which somehow contradicts the whole idea of the X100.

I hope this gives some ideas.

During most of my photography in the last century, 95% of my 35mm film photos were 28mm shots.

I wanted to recreate it so I bought the WCL-X100 and screwed it on, about a year ago.  I have never taken it off.  I quickly got used to the size and love the view.

So the Fuji lens adapter works for me, even though it adds to the size.  If you buy a used one and try it, you can probably re-sell it for what you paid if you don't like it.  

• 1 month later...

I bought an X100F after lugging a Canon 6D / 35mm f2 IS around Europe in early 2018.  I used that X100F nearly every day until I accidentally got it wet - really wet, about a month ago.  I was missing it so I bought the V.  There was about a year of my life when all I had was a 35mm lens.  I think you can do anything with that particular focal length, however, I struggle with 50mm.  So I understand how focal lengths can have an impact on how you view things.