Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all fellow X-E owner! I just got my x-e3 with 23mm f2!

I'm wonder if there's any benefit of getting 27mm f2.8

I think both lenses have similar enough focal length that I don't need both but that pancake lens would really go well with my XE3...

Is there anyone who owns both? Is there any benefit to it? Any thoughts or opinions are welcome :)

I had both, but kept the 27mm only as my compact setup lens. On the other hand, 23mm is my preferred focal length, so I got the 23mm/1.4 for all the occasions when size is not crucial.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The 27 makes sense if you want to carry the camera in a pocket of your jacket or so. The body itself is too big for any other pockets anyway. If you carry the camera on a strap or in a small bag there's little point for a pancake lens anyway (over the 23 you already have). Note that the 27 doesn't have an aperture ring. If that's important to you (as it was for me), discard that lens. Also noteworthy: there are persistent 'rumors' about a MkII version of the 27. You may want to wait for that because it could boost IQ or it will lower second hand prices for the MkI version. Personally, I prefer the 35/f2. Though its not as small as the 27, the difference is not huge and the IQ of that 35 is stellar considering the price. It also combines nicely with the 23/f2.