Best Portrait Lens, Recommendation.

I highly recommend the Viltrox 56mm based on your list. I just got it and very pleased with people portraits. I think it's worth more than I paid for. You need to control for correct exposure and scene as it can be more prone to fringing more than fujifilm lens. I have the Fujifilm 50mm f2 which is very sharp with fast AF, but use it mostly for pet portraits. The 35 1.4 is wonderful too for wider portraits and general, shop around for used if $ is a factor. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I actually shipped my camera to Fuji Service Center in NJ, after several calls they told me I will need my shutter to be replaced (which will cost me $270 as it's out of warranty). I'm really not quite sure if it's the shutter issue as for my case the camera works fine without the flashlight, and I actually tried my friend's Fuji XT3 camera using the same Godox flash settings and his camera experienced the same lock up issue as well. I ended up not proceeding with the fix. But this lock up issue remains unsolved. 
    • Hi Fathom: I called Fuji tech support in the US.  They told be they were unaware of a lock-up issue with firmware version 4.00.  Hmmm. Based on your comments and others on this thread there is going to being mounting evidence that firmware 4.0 is causing lock-up issues on the X-T3 that were not there with previous firmware releases.  Everyone on this forum that are having lock-up issues with their X-T3 and firmware release 4.00 need to report what is going on to Fuji so they can get this fixed. Don Barar
    • Hi All Fuji newbie here.  I picked up a 50R and am having trouble translating my decades of Nikon speak into the menu settings on the Fuji.  Can anyone point me toward menu/control settings guide for the 50R?  There isn't a lot that's GFX specific on YouTube (and I always wonder about the sources) are the X system settings close to the GFX?  I'm working my way through the manual, but I'd like to take it out to shoot.... Thanks for any assist you can offer.  
    • A professional is just someone is is able to sell his work.  That is the only difference between professional and amateur  .  Neither are necessarily the best photographer .  I have read review with KR and I will agree that photographers blame lenses when pictures are not sharp but in almost all cases it is the guy holding the camera.  Enlarge your photos 100% 200% and you will often see camera shake, or it may be focusing on choice of aperture that causes the problems .  
    • He has a long Fuji-related playlist, and his videos are well-researched and presented. I have saved a virtual library in Evernote of his videos and highly recommend them.