Jvozenilek

Xt3 eye sensor not working properly

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Eye sensor on my XT3 stopped working out of the blue. After narrowing down the cause, I found out that after I turn the camera off and back on the eye sensor is working for 2-15 seconds and switches between EVF and display as expected. After that, it stops working. I removed the sd card, tried different batteries, even changed the lens and also updated to the latest firmware as well as resetting the camera twice. After all of this, the eye sensor is still not working. Has anyone encountered something similar?

27 minutes ago, Olaf W. said:

In many cases this problem was caused by some dirt or dust on the sensor of the EVF

Dirt or moisture  can be a problem. Or the eyecup being misaligned. I have also had an eyelash causing problems. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kingsam
      So i have a friend in Hollywood FL thats about to return home on monday morning. This is my last chance to purchase an XT3 and join Fuji but it's out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know any local stores he could walk in and purchase? Shipping is obviously out of the question.
    • By chrisdennyphoto
      What could be causing this in my X-T3.  160ISO, 20 sec exposure, 16-80mm at 22 mm.  Attached is a crop.  Looks like red and green hot pixels.  My film sim is the std default as well.  All photos are raw and edited in lightroom.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Hector Tapia
      Hi to all Fuji lovers, I’d like to share a shortfilm https://vimeo.com/456176145 I recently released and has some complementary shots on Fuji xt3, most of the footage is from DNG files Magic Lantern on 5d MK3 from 2013. Hope you guys like it and feedback welcome!!!! 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By thewitness
      Recently upgraded from my XT-1 and purchased a black Fuji XT-3, but it ended up getting "lost in transit." Now it seems that it's no longer in stock, and B&H is no help. And on top of that, the price has now gone back up from the $999 price to $1,499.

Is the XT-3 really that backed up on orders? What's going on to cause the price increase and such a long restock time?
    • By vitalion
      Hello all.   i have found several threads on various forums and grops for this issue but mst of them are more than 12months old. I am having some trouble with my X-T3 and I am looking for some help or suggestions. As i have found online this is issue its called “camera locked up” Out of the blue the camera freezes. The LCD would still be showing a live view, but the entire HUD would disappear. The camera would not respond to any buttons being pressed. Even switching it off wouldn’t work. Additionally, the orange LED light is on and not going off or going into green. The only way to recover control was to literally pop the battery out and put it back in. I am shooting on single mode not CL or CH. Compressed RAW and Fine JPEG   setup: X-T3 with 18-55 kit lens (less than two months old from my local fuji reseller) Original Fuji battery Latest firmware for both the body and the lens SanDisk 64GB Extreme 90MB/s (picture here. I had it from a 60D canon) Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.                   I have reset to factory settings tried another lens as well. Reinstalled the latest firmware via SD Card. SD card format on camera.   to be honest i have not identify any pattern for the issue. it happens randomly and in various lighting and temperature conditions     Any suggestions or possible solutions will be appreciated. Thank you !
    • Thanks, Willtoride. It's beginning to make sense to me now. I guess I was really stressing the CPU.
    • Just got the new X-S10. I don't think you have a forum for the X-s10 yet. Hopefully this is the right place to post. I'm confused about how autofocus works. I'm sure it is similar on all X models. Before I bought, I watched tons of videos on youtube about the X-S10 and when they tested the autofocus, they would walk away or towards the camera so you could see the focus adjust. Now that I got the camera, I'm baffled. (1) AutoFocus doesn't seem to happen automatically but you have t
    • I have only been able to get the XWebcam and XWebcam2 to work on my Macbook Pro )mid 2012, Catalina) with QuickTime Player Capture video without controls of the XWebcam software and with XWebcam/XWebcam2.  I have been able to get it to work with Zoom only. Not FaceTime, not Skype, not Google Meeting. My old Logitech Webcam work with everything also.
    • 4k 60fps 400Mbps means you're using the H265 codec. It's very cpu/gpu intensive. My 2016 MBP struggles to play H265 smoothly but my main editing machine plays them back fine, so this could be the issue you're seeing. Try H264, which will limit you to 200Mbps or maybe create proxies.
    • With the new 4.0 firmware, I found that I have to press the shutter button halfway down, before the eye-AF works. Before the upgrade, I could just snap away, and eye AF always worked. As I mostly work with children, I do not have the time to pre-focus every shot, so for me it is worse than before. Is there a setting I can change to rectify this? Thx