Who shoots video on this forum?

Paul Szilard

Who shoots video on this forum? - I do, a lot. So I would like to know how much interest is there here. Please introduce yourself, saying

• what type of video you do and/or would like to do,
  • what is your experience level
  • what gear do you use (both Fuji and accessories, like cage, external recorder, audio gear, etc.)
  • what do you edit on

Just to kick off with me:

• I use X-T4 and X-T3 and choice of about 20 Fuji lenses, but not theMKX zooms (unfortunately)
  • been shooting video for about 5 years and have been the president of the local video club, and have a sort of a YouTube channel
  • I have done drama and docos and events
  • also use a DJI drone, DJI Osmo Pocket, Sony AX100 4k camcorder and iPhone 11 Pro
  • edit on FCPX on an iMac Pro

Ok, let's see if I am the only one here? :)

I use my X-T3 almost exclusively for video in my real estate business.  Use it in conjunction with the 18 - 55 f2.8-4.0 and 10-24 f/4.  All videography is done on Ronin SC.  Very light weight combination and am able to use for extended periods.  Can not recommend this combination enough.

Don

Updated to camera is an X-H2S and gimbal is an RS2.

Edited by Don Barar

• 1 month later...

Hybrid shooter and non-professional. Mainly recreational travel photography/videography. I've just recently jumped into the Fuji world. Just recently stepped-up to interchangeable lens cameras - was using point-and-shoot cameras/mobile phones previously. 

Coincidentally, a trip to New Zealand and Australia (late 2019/early 2020 pre-pandemic) was my first "real world" use of a mirrorless camera.

Recently, I've been trying out macro photography and YouTube. Also, I'm trying to "salvage" older video footage taken with point-and-shoot or video cameras: Canon Vixia HF100, various Canon PowerShot cameras, various Sony Cyber-shot cameras, and an Olympus TG-3.

Gear

• Sony a6400 | SELP18105g f4 OSS | SELP1655 f3.5-56 OSS | Sigma 30 f2.8 Art DN
  • Fujifilm X-T200 | XC15-45 f3.5-5.6 OIS
  • Fujifilm X-S10 | XF18-55 f2.8-4 OIS
  • Sony Cyber-shot HX99 30x Zoom - if you want to travel light and not carry monstrous lenses and have that 720mm reach
  • Samsung S10+
  • iFootage monopod, Neewer tripod
  • Rode mic

Editing

With Fujifilm colour science and Film Simulations, I'm trying to use footage straight-out-of-camera. I do use a variety of tools where the need arises:

• VSDC
  • Luminar
  • Windows Photos and Video Editor
  • Da Vinci Resolve
  • HItFilm Express

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I am Nikolai, a self taught hybrid shooter from Norway with a background in arts and graphic design, and I work for the City of Oslo (the photo on the front page is by me, as of March 22, 2023). I deliver a wide arrange of photography and video. I document the city, city life and its inhabitants, but also anything shoot from portraiture and corporate head shots to interior photography and even food photography (I made a cook book for internal communication purposes). Attached is an example of a bus ad, 2.5 meters tall. It was so sharp, you could read the logo on the shirt!

The videos I do are mainly for social media and are basically presentations or information for the public or staff, interviews and documentary style stuff for showcasing our projects. This is an example of street interviews I did during the pandemic: https://www.facebook.com/Oslo/videos/149919900421495

I use the X-S10 with the Fujinon xF 16-55 f/2.8 and Fujinon XF 50-140 f/2.8. I record videos internally (8-bit, so no Log), using the Eterna profile with DR set to 400 for maximum dynamic range when needed, and find it more than good enough for my needs. I edit in Adobe Premiere Pro. I sometimes help friends out with music videos and photography too. Below is an example of a video shot hand held with the X-S10 and the unstabilized 16-55 f/2.8 and 50 f/2.0 lenses.

What do you think?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Nikolai Freund

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, fellow X shooters around the world, from Columbus OH.

Happy owner of both XT3 and XT4 and regular video shooter.

Migrated a few years back from several Pentax formats including med.format film. There is none to compare with these Fuji's IMHO. Looking fwd to interacting with you all in coming years.