New, with issue

Kevc84

Hello everyone,

I recently decided to replace my ageing Nikon D3100 with a mirrorless camera, the most appealing factor was being able to see how the settings would affect the image before capturing. After looking at loads of reviews I decided to purchase the X-T4, I took my new camera to an introduction to studio photography course and was really happy with it until the images were taken off of the camera. There is a considerable difference in exposure between the images displayed in the camera and the files displayed on the computer. I have not messed with the screen brightness settings since taking it out of the box. Is anyone able to let me know if I have done something stupid and how to make the two look more alike?

Image displayed in camera - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fdign3khxqt7zg/IMG_20201010_120339.jpg?dl=0

Unedited JPEG - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ze7h9ri7b52j3r/_DSF0349.JPG?dl=0

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Welcome to our forum. The viewfinder has seperate display options, what are your settings? You should watch the exposure indicators, too, when taking photos, not just the viewfinder picture, especially when it‘s not set to exposure preview what might be the case here.

Thank you Olaf, the viewfinder settings are: EVF brightness - Auto, EVF colour - 0, EVF colour adjustment R:0 B:0. The preview exp/wb option was turned off as we could not see anything through the viewfinder or on the screen to be able to frame the shot. I naively thought that the image displayed on the screen would match what was produced, I wasn't expecting such a dramatic difference. 🤦‍♂️