Budgetary GFX 100r

• 5 months later...

Fuji Rumors article March 16, 2021... Bummer!  Looks like an update to the GFX 50S, not a 100R.  Too bad.  A GFX 100R would have made for a very interesting camera, especially if they could get it smaller than the 50R.  

Maybe there is a chance they will revamp the 50R (with IBIS) and make it smaller and cheaper.

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2021 at 6:40 PM, Peters Dad said:

Fuji Rumors article March 16, 2021... Bummer!  Looks like an update to the GFX 50S, not a 100R.  Too bad.  A GFX 100R would have made for a very interesting camera, especially if they could get it smaller than the 50R.  

Maybe there is a chance they will revamp the 50R (with IBIS) and make it smaller and cheaper.

Oh yes I would like that. a 100R with IBIS, a tad smaller than the 50R, NO PASM, only physical dials - great companion to a 100S.

• 3 months later...

I think making the GFX 50R faster and possibly equipping it with IBIS is a good idea, but to make it even more compact and cheaper is pure nonsense and hardly realistic. For the GFX 100S I see no potential for improvement for the time being, it has already been done as well as technically possible. This camera is both cheaper and lighter, why would Fujifilm now offer another variant with another model that is even more compact and cheaper than the GFX 50R? That wouldn't only be even less realistic, but also in no way sales-promoting. In the medium term, it might even be better to stop production of the GFX 50R.

Edited by Photonics

• 1 year later...