Remote App not working after iOS 14 update?

Cormac

I am yet another person with a problem. I setup both wireless communication and bluetooth when I got my XT30 in February - since then I have updated the camera's firmware and my phone to ioS14 now neither work. I have updated the Fuji App on my phone. Still nothing. Given that I have just brought a replacement Amazon Firestick and it worked out of the box and with minimal trouble and it also controls the volume on my TV, I am highly unimpressed with Fuji. Come on Fuji this is pretty terrible its 2020, we should not be having  problems.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, megaboot said:

Having the same issue on iPhone7 after updating to iOS14, I haven't updated the firmware though. As far as I can tell the app is no longer able to establish a WIFI connection with camera. That could be the case of latest security changes introduced in iOS 14.

What I don't understand is how come this app makers not being able to test their app before the final release of iOS 14. They even released a bug fix update recently which didn't solve the issue.

You’re a lifesaver!!! This worked!! Thank you thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Finepix S1 and only today I realized that after the 14 iOS update the FujiFilm app is not working. I deleted the app and reinstalled an updated app specifically after the 14 IOS update. When I hit Wi-Fi on my camera it connects on my iPhone but when I go to load photos it just stays in connecting mode and times out on the camera. I am so frustrated because I just took pictures of the Christmas star! I have no idea what to do and I’m afraid there will not be a fix for my S1. Thanks!

Hi. I´ve got a strange problem. Fuji app always worked with my XT3. SInce yesterday it still connects with the camera but doesn´t show my new pictures .. only some old ones. Have tried an app removal and new download..new connection. Nothing changes! Anyone got the same problem

On 12/25/2020 at 4:40 AM, fabrice said:

Thanks for sharing. For me none of the above described fixes worked (iOS 14.3 + X-E3). Finally, resetting the Wi-Fi settings on my camera made it work again. 

Thank you so much! I tried everything and nothing worked until I did what you suggested. What a relief. Thanks again! 

• 2 months later...

Try turning off cellular and just leaving Bluetooth and WiFi enabled and connect ro the the WiFi of the camera. If the iPhone can’t sense that it can connect to the internet over a selected WiFi hotspot, which your camera won’t provide, it switches to using data over the cellular connect. 

My problem is just that it takes 10 minutes to transfer a single picture. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2020 at 10:27 PM, Olaf W. said:

Nearly the same problem as here

Start to configure Wifi access from scratch.

Pretty much after every wifi update, trash your pairings and start over.  it covers wo things at once: a clean pairing setup as well as testing the pairing before you actually needing to do one. 

I found that this has resolved many of the pairing issues with an siphon and an xt-3.  As far as the constant back and forth of the actual syncing is still cumbersome.. but that's a fuji design issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an X100T and a 12 Pro Max, and the app stopped working, or rather, it would not connect. I tried toggling and twiddling with every setting on the phone and camera, to no effect. Ultimately I deleted the app and reinstalled, and I reset the camera’s WiFi setting. After reinstalling, I went through the connection steps and initialisation, and everything is now working. 
In summary, if you can’t connect, do a reinstall. It would have saved me a good hour or so.

• 2 years later...

NEW Network settings is blocking so  to update best simple way is

1) after connecting wireless goto the wireless settings on your phone

2) press information

3)Then disable private ip and Below green ip following

4)Then program program will work