Remote App not working after iOS 14 update?

Cormac

This worked for me: in settings/cam remote I toggled Bluetooth and Local Network.

Same problem and since this app is inconsistent already it is hard to know when it works or not. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Having the same issue on iPhone7 after updating to iOS14, I haven't updated the firmware though. As far as I can tell the app is no longer able to establish a WIFI connection with camera. That could be the case of latest security changes introduced in iOS 14.

What I don't understand is how come this app makers not being able to test their app before the final release of iOS 14. They even released a bug fix update recently which didn't solve the issue.

I figured it out, at least for my X100V. Make sure to have bluetooth set up between the camera and phone.

1. While the camera is play mode (review mode, whatever it's called), select "Import images selected on app" in the Cam Remote app.

2. The "Wireless Communication" screen will appear on the camera (this may take one or two tries). 

3. On the phone, connect to the camera network.

4. On the camera, press OK to "change phone" and select your device.

From here, the connection should re-establish and the camera and phone will be paired again for all app transfers going forward!

On 10/2/2020 at 1:36 AM, kamek said:

I figured it out, at least for my X100V. Make sure to have bluetooth set up between the camera and phone.

1. While the camera is play mode (review mode, whatever it's called), select "Import images selected on app" in the Cam Remote app.

2. The "Wireless Communication" screen will appear on the camera (this may take one or two tries). 

From here, the connection should re-establish and the camera and phone will be paired again for all app transfers going forward!

Thanks! I can confirm that this did work for me.

Having the same issue. Did anyone have them happen after the Firmware update + the iOS update? 

I've tried toggling the Bluetooth and Local in Settings.

I've tried pairing them fresh.

I've tried what Kamek and Megaboot said above - and none of it has worked.

Remote shooting is the the only thing that seems to work now. The Bluetooth and Wifi symbols light up in the app, it definitely connects to the camera. But when I try to do anything else in the app, it basically just times out.

Any suggestions? (Attached are what the app looks like before I select anything -- Then grayed out and basically frozen when I do) 

You know what? I think I got it fixed.

First I unpaired on the app and in camera then:

-I connected my X-T3 to my home wifi
-Connected my phone to the same network
-Deleted the app and reinstalled it
(It asked for my permission for the app to access my photos and I think this was a crucial part, as after the iOS update every app was asking for this again, but Camera Remote did not)

Once I was back in, opened as usual on camera and app, pressed OK a few times and all was working again.

Took this today
-

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 7 with iOS 14 and my X-T3, I can't get pass the "Connecting ... Please wait" on the phone and the "Wireless Communication" on the camera.

I have deleted the app on the iPhone and reinstalled it again and still this is not working.

If any of you has any suggestion please let me know.

Thanks and best regards.

Edited by Takumi_VNG

On 10/18/2020 at 10:40 AM, Olaf W. said:

As stated above - configure the wifi connection fron scratch, using the canera‘s wifi menu

Hello,

Thank you for your help but I did all that and it didn't work, it only worked with "Auto-Transfer "ON"".

Thanks and best regards.

Edited by Takumi_VNG

• 3 weeks later...

After struggling with this for quite some time I've gotten it to work with iOS 14.1.

I deleted all bluetooth pairings, then I reset network settings. Then I re-paired the camera and phone, activated the wireless communication on the camera, connected the phone to that wifi and launched the app. I could then browse and download photos. This worked on both my xt4 and xh1

Did you update the Remote app on your iOS device? As not latest app sometimes may be incompatible with the iOS 14. If the app version doesn't matter, then it could be the iOS system issues. In this case, you are suggested to use professional iOS system repair tools such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery, Tenorshare,etc. Otherwise, you might have to resort to the Apple center for help. Hope this guide is helpful for you.

On 9/26/2020 at 4:06 PM, JohnEff2 said:

This worked for me: in settings/cam remote I toggled Bluetooth and Local Network.

Same problem and since this app is inconsistent already it is hard to know when it works or not. 

I got it working on September 26th by doing this and all other resets as others describe in this blog. Yesterday it stopped working again. New Fuji app is somehow better but it’s state-machine is a mystery. There is no silver bullet. So today I’ll reset camera’s Bluetooth setting and start over. Maybe it will work for one more month...

On 10/1/2020 at 6:36 PM, kamek said:

I did this and it worked on both xe3 and x100T

Thanks a lot

I resolved this by deleting the camera remote app and re-installing. When I did that it asked to allow the app access to the Photos app. Then obviously re-add the camera to the app and do all the connection stuff under bluetooth setting. Took me about 1.5 hours to get this working :) 

Hopefully, this saves you time. 

I was/am experiencing the same Cam Remote connection problems.

I notice the XT3 and my phone won't stay connected. I join the XT3 network listed on my phone and after initially connecting to the camera network it drops it to go back to my home network. I tried turning on Do Not Disturb but the app and the camera won't stay connected for some reason.