zobskewed

XPro3 1.1.0 firmware and iOS 14

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Having just updated to iOS 14 and XPro3 firmware 1.1.0 I can’t seem to connect to the camera anymore. Bluetooth connects and I’m prompted to join the WiFi on the camera but then it just spins and spins. Is anyone else having trouble with this?

note: I’ve tried all the standard diagnostic techniques here. Restarting devices. Re-pairing. Nothing seems to resolve the issue. 

Edited by zobskewed

Yes. I re-paired, etc.

After much fiddling it did begin to work again - we’ll see if it continues as nicely as it did before. I suspect updating firmware on both devices may have confused it in some way. I can’t say what one thing I did to make it work again though. 

In any case - something to be aware of for those updating. 

Gotta love computers 🙂 Thanks for the response. 

All I can say is I had the screen open on the camera and when the camera was realizing it was supposed to connect I pressed a few random buttons. I don’t know if canceling and going back in did it or if I had to confirm something. The wording is kind of hard to understand on those screens on the camera itself. But after messing around with it like that for a few minutes I heard the familiar shutter sound meaning it was about to connect to the iOS device. So far it has been working fine just like before the update. I hope this helps.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• With stills, I had write errors when shooting panorama, CH, CL, long exposure etc and using a slower card. Had reported to Fuji here and as expected the issue was never heard of by them in spite of sending them links to the issues. But they were very helpful in loaning a camera, a faster card and they took my card to try on their camera. It was concluded by Fuji that the card was slow. And the truth is, I switched to a faster card and haven't seen the issue after that.  Also, I never delete
    • Well...this is embarrassing, but maybe helpful for anyone else out there who runs into this - if you change your connection settings to "USB Fixed" you will get the symptoms above. Switch it to "USB Auto" and you should be fine. Basically, while troubleshooting for Webcam usage I switched it and didn't think about the ramifications of leaving it that way. Whoops!  
    • I generally don't shoot video with my Fujifilm cameras, but you also wrote you had the errors when taking stills..? I've had my fair share of write errors with different Fujifilm cameras up to the level where I'm only using them for personal work now. The X-H1 (prior to firmware update) was notorious, but I've seen it on X-T2s, X-T3s and even on my trail run with a GFX50S. I wrote a post on how to minimize the risk of write errors in Sept (link below). SD Card technology in itself is not th
    • I must admit this post really surprised me, I have just moved from a Canon DSLR and apart from the articulated screen not feeling as robust, and the battery/connector doors a little brittle, I thought the build quality was good. To me everything feels really solid.
    • I think I already know the answer, but does anyone know if you can set a time that you need to hold down a custom button before it operates? I've just moved from a larger DSLR and I have large hands, and have found that I keep catching the custom buttons, so have had to unassign them all. If for example you needed to hold down a button for a second before it operated then it would remove the chance of inadvertently changing settings.