L Bracket for X-T30

teaandcake

Hi,

I had a quick search for this and couldn’t see anything so apologies if it’s been posted before. 

I have an X-T30 which I love, but the one thing that annoys me is the tripod plate needs to be removed to access the battery compartment. I’ve seen a few l brackets which allow access to the battery compartment. 
I have a Peak Design tripod, so the plate needs to be unscrewed with a little key and it’s just a pain. 
Can anyone recommend an l bracket which is compatible with the X-T30, allows access to the battery compartment, is decent quality and doesn’t add too much bulk?

I’d appreciate it if you could send your recommendations. 

Thank you 😊 

It depends on your budget, (like everything else I suppose :) ).

Really Right Stuff makes a l plate which is pretty good but does not, for some reason, have the grip piece: https://www.adorama.com/rrsbxt30lset.html

Fotga makes a decent one that does include the grip piece and is lower in price, but for some reason has only been selling via eBay -- you have to import it rom China now.

Both of these companies sell true l-brackets (arca style) that you can mount in either portrait or landscape mode, you are able to get the node point correct for panorama shots. And you are able to get to the battery as well as the USB ports etc. while the plate is on the camera.

Keep in mind if you find l brackets for the X-T10 or X-T20, these will also work for the X-T30 because the base is the same on all of the bodies.

Edited by jerryy

6 minutes ago, jerryy said:

It depends on your budget, (like everything else I suppose :) ).

Really Right Stuff makes a l plate which is pretty good but does not, for some reason, have the grip piece: https://www.adorama.com/rrsbxt30lset.html

Fotga makes a decent one that does include the grip piece and is lower in price, but for some reason has only been selling via eBay -- you have to import it rom China now.

Both of these companies sell true l-brackets (arca style) that you can mount in either portrait or landscape mode, you are able to get the node point correct for panorama shots. And you are able to get to the battery as well as the USB ports etc. while the plate is on the camera.

Keep in mind if you find l brackets for the X-T10 or X-T20, these will also work for the X-T30 because the base is the same on all of the bodies.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your helpful reply! I’ll check these out. I’m happy to spend a little more if it’s good quality.

Im not buying an L plate for the extra grip but just to make it easier to use with my tripod so I don’t have to screw and unscrew the plate all the time.