Face/Eye Detection Fn Button on XT3

Joan Bonnici

Hi,  I have just got a new Fuji XT3 and have assigned Fn2 button to Eye/Face Detection.  However, when I press the Fn 2 button, I am only getting the small icon where the metering icon is supposed on the LCD.  I am not getting the choices of Face/Auto Eye/Right Eye/Left Eye or Off on the right hand side of the LCD.  What am I doing wrong please?  Would appreciate any assistance.  Thank you.

I have this functionality assigned to another button. At least on my X-T30 (I don't know how it is on the X-T3) pressing this button just activates / deactivates the functionality. The specific configuration for the functionality must already be defined via menu.

I don't believe you're doing anything wrong, because I have the same issue. The only thing the function button allows you to do is switching face/eye recognition on of off. No more options. My X-T2 did offer the option to switch between auto eye, left eye and right eye detection, but the X-T3 sadly not (Fuji are you listening?). Now you have to dig into the menu setting to make the required settings.

On 9/19/2020 at 11:03 AM, Greybeard said:

You can, however, add the face selection options to the Q menu

Yeah, it looks like if you want to be able to quickly change that setting you'll have to assign the face/eye detection to a Q-Menu custom setting. If you do that you can scrub through the different choices. It takes a little muscle-memory to get used to. Joan do you need any help figuring the Q-Menu out?