thewitness

Fuji XT-3 Backordered?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Recently upgraded from my XT-1 and purchased a black Fuji XT-3, but it ended up getting "lost in transit." Now it seems that it's no longer in stock, and B&H is no help. And on top of that, the price has now gone back up from the $999 price to $1,499.

Is the XT-3 really that backed up on orders? What's going on to cause the price increase and such a long restock time?

Hi, I bought mine on monday 14th from Amazon and called three times because they haven't shipped yet! There wasn't stock for the black version anywere. I also checked first at B&H but they where run out of stock

Posted (edited)

You know what’s real odd about your post, is I ordered an XT3 from BH on 9/18, and it shipped the following week to arrive by 9/25.  It also was “lost in transit,” and FedEx and BH were also no help.  Of course BH was closed until the following Tuesday for holidays, and spent all week telling me to “wait for FedEx” until finally 10/01 they agreed to reship 10/02.  I never got tracking so I called them again and now oh too bad our cutoff for shipping was 9/30...which they failed to mention all week long, and wouldn’t reship until 10/12 at the earliest.  So I told them to refund, which they said they would before they closed for more holidays, and to nobody’s surprise they failed to refund me also. I found a fair deal on an XT3 on Facebook marketplace and went and bought that instead (I have a trip coming up which is why the receiving date matters and I could no longer play games with these clowns).  Great camera, once I reset to factory settings...but a very sour experience with BH.  Still waiting for my money back!  At the same time I had also ordered a lens from KEH and I had it in two days flat, no problems at all.  

Edited by kslight

That’s sure not what we want when we are getting a new camera!  My X-T3 arrived two days after they shipped it, with no problems.  I’ve already updated the firmware and put it to work, getting my first astrophotos from it.  Lots to learn!

With BH, I had purchased a used X-T2 from them a month earlier and returned it 10 days before the X-T3 arrived. Using their Fed Ex return service, they emailed me 24 hrs after I sent it saying they had received it!  I was surprised and glad to hear that b/c I was a bit worried should it get lost.  A full refund was in my acct a few days later.  
Almost all my experiences w them have been that good, but it’s no fun when things get lost.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kingsam
      So i have a friend in Hollywood FL thats about to return home on monday morning. This is my last chance to purchase an XT3 and join Fuji but it's out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know any local stores he could walk in and purchase? Shipping is obviously out of the question.
    • By Jvozenilek
      Eye sensor on my XT3 stopped working out of the blue. After narrowing down the cause, I found out that after I turn the camera off and back on the eye sensor is working for 2-15 seconds and switches between EVF and display as expected. After that, it stops working. I removed the sd card, tried different batteries, even changed the lens and also updated to the latest firmware as well as resetting the camera twice. After all of this, the eye sensor is still not working. Has anyone encountered something similar?
    • By chrisdennyphoto
      What could be causing this in my X-T3.  160ISO, 20 sec exposure, 16-80mm at 22 mm.  Attached is a crop.  Looks like red and green hot pixels.  My film sim is the std default as well.  All photos are raw and edited in lightroom.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Hector Tapia
      Hi to all Fuji lovers, I’d like to share a shortfilm https://vimeo.com/456176145 I recently released and has some complementary shots on Fuji xt3, most of the footage is from DNG files Magic Lantern on 5d MK3 from 2013. Hope you guys like it and feedback welcome!!!! 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By vitalion
      Hello all.   i have found several threads on various forums and grops for this issue but mst of them are more than 12months old. I am having some trouble with my X-T3 and I am looking for some help or suggestions. As i have found online this is issue its called “camera locked up” Out of the blue the camera freezes. The LCD would still be showing a live view, but the entire HUD would disappear. The camera would not respond to any buttons being pressed. Even switching it off wouldn’t work. Additionally, the orange LED light is on and not going off or going into green. The only way to recover control was to literally pop the battery out and put it back in. I am shooting on single mode not CL or CH. Compressed RAW and Fine JPEG   setup: X-T3 with 18-55 kit lens (less than two months old from my local fuji reseller) Original Fuji battery Latest firmware for both the body and the lens SanDisk 64GB Extreme 90MB/s (picture here. I had it from a 60D canon) Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.                   I have reset to factory settings tried another lens as well. Reinstalled the latest firmware via SD Card. SD card format on camera.   to be honest i have not identify any pattern for the issue. it happens randomly and in various lighting and temperature conditions     Any suggestions or possible solutions will be appreciated. Thank you !