Advertisement (gone after registration)

I need help, i dedided to purchase a x-e2 as a starting camera, as i fiddle and learn it, it seems that i noticed something. whenever i take a video, this purple tint shows up and its affecting the video quality. it shows as well whenever i press the scroll button to focus, but then i took a photo its non existent. it only affects video. 😔 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pimix
      Hi everyone,
      This is an issue that I need to understand because the price of the repair is almost the price of the Xpro-2.
      So I'll repair it myself.
      The issue result : Black pictures with no visual information in post prod (exposure max with raw files etc.) When this happens ? : in conditions of high luminosity with mechanical shutter What are the settings when this happens ? :  -Exposure mesure modes-  Every ones (spot, multi etc.)
      -Exposure compensation-  Every ones (+-0, +1, -1 etc.)
      -Aperture modes-  wide apertures but sometimes at small apertures (even with High ISO or ISO auto)
      -Shutter type-  mechanical only (and of course M+E when it switch automaticaly to M mode)
      -Shutter speed-  high values from 1/8000 to 1/1000 but sometimes even 1/500 (in some situations it works till 1/1000 and it works in every situation for 1/250 and slower) the A mode sets directly high values in high luminosity.
      -ISO mode-  Every mode and value (even H or L)
             5. What did I do to verify if I can fix it ? : reset, format SD cards, update firmware, sensor cleaning, defibillation etc.
             6. My question is : is it a shutter issue AND why this works sometimes at 1/500 and even sometimes at 1/1000? . Maybe the shutter is ok but the transmission is not ok between the sensor, the motherboard and the shutter. So the problem may be the sensor or the motherboard. The sychronisation between the sensor and the shutter may be not the same.

Indication : the sound speed of the shutter is the same at 1/125 and faster.

I've read every post talking about shutter and expostition issues and decided to ask about this special problem.
      So I hope that someone can help me
      And help others in the same case.

Thanks !

• By Michael186
      This is a bit of a weird issue but in certain lighting situations, especially with grass or brush in the frame, there is a distinct pink/blue discoloration wherever I am focusing my image. When I am focusing my camera whether it is in the viewfinder or the LCD screen, you can see the discoloration while focusing and on the final image. Happens in AF-s or AF-Cmode. I have sent the camera to Fuji twice now and the first time they did nothing because they couldn't replicate the issue. I sent it back again and they replaced the sensor and I am still having issues with both of my lenses (23mm 1.2 and 56mm 1.2 - the discoloration is more obvious with the 56mm 1.2). I even rented an XT-3 body as a backup for a shoot and it did the exact same thing with that body. I shoot fully manual and white balance is typically set to a custom temperature, usually 6300K. Attached are photos showing what is happening.
      Curious if this has happened to anyone else or if anyone might know what the issue is if it's not the sensor. It's incredibly frustrating and proving unreliable.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By OrangeCandle
      Hey there,
      i got my x-t4 about a month ago and have been really enjoying it so far. I dove into some fuji film jpg recipes over the weekend and noticed that shooting in single frame mode really slowed the camera down when using recipes.
      What seems to be happening is that after taking the picture the camera screen goes black, says "storing" and shows a little loading icon, after about a second its ready to take the next shot. So it seems as if the camera cant process the data in the background. So there is a "blackout" after taking photo where i cant take another photo.

20200706_104910.mp4
      When using CH or CL or the BKT mode, shooting speed is not noticably slowed down and the jpg processing seems to be done in the background, even between two BKT- Shots there is no delay / processing screen and the camera is snappy as i think its supposed to be.

A friend owns an x-t2 and has no speed issues when using jpg processing + single frame shooting, so i think this might be down to firmware.

Has anyone heard of this, can confirm this, knows whether its a bug or a feature, knows if fuji is working on it, or has even found a solution?
      Thank you.
      (the fuji recipe i use)
    • By Dimitrism
      Hi,
      I'm having some weird issues with the Fringer EF-FX Pro II on my Fuji XT3 and I hope someone can help.
      When using the adapter with my Canon and Sigma lenses the image on the camera LCD is not showing the correct depth of field for the selected aperture unless I half-press the shutter button.
      The dof in the image remains wide open unless I half-press the shutter.
      The exposure of the image is shown correctly and changes accordingly when changing the apertue on the lens, the aperture numbers on the screen also indicate the correct selected f-stop, but the dof in the image remains shallow, as if the lens is wide open, unless I half-press the shutter.
      Half pressing the shutter also no longer affects the focus of the image.
      I'm shooting in S mode with settings full manual- ss, iso, aperture.
      I've formatted the camera, updated to the latest firmware in camera and adapter (1.7) and the issue still persists.
      Is this there a menu fix I'm missing here? Has anyone else experienced this? Or is this possibly a Fringer issue?
      Thanks for your help!
      D