My favorite camera bag is...

Like most I've got WAY too many bags (just ask my wife) but I think I've finally found "THE" bag to rule them all.  The ONA Prince Street in antique cognac leather.  This bad is perfect.  The image below shows it holding my X-T1 and three lenses (10-24, 18-55, 55-200 my landscape kit).  Over the weekend I took it out to a car show and it happily carried an X100T, and the X-T1 with a couple of lenses.  I can get everything I need in here and it's light and looks great. VERY HAPPY.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Like most I've got WAY too many bags (just ask my wife) but I think I've finally found "THE" bag to rule them all.  The ONA Prince Street in antique cognac leather.  This bad is perfect.  The image below shows it holding my X-T1 and three lenses (10-24, 18-55, 55-200 my landscape kit).  Over the weekend I took it out to a car show and it happily carried an X100T, and the X-T1 with a couple of lenses.  I can get everything I need in here and it's light and looks great. VERY HAPPY.

attachicon.gifImage02.jpg

I really like that bag - it really has a great look to it.  I just picked up the cheap version of a very similar style.  The Tenba Messenger Mini is very similar in design and holds the same as the ONA Prince Street.  Looking at the specs the Tenba Interior dimensions are just slightly larger by half inch or so.  The major difference is looks, there is something about leather that just looks SO MUCH nicer!

I find the practical use of this bag to be spectacular - as mentioned for both bags they can hold my 11" Macbook Air plus my XT1 with three lenses and all the accessories needed.  I used this bag for a 5 day trip to the Grand Canyon a month ago and it was incredible how well the bag performed for me.  Problem is now I want leather - that is just SO nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

well, I just got an email from the on-line shop which sold me my Jill.E Jack camera bag and I went to look for the price of my bag and I was shocked, OK, the dollar went up quite a bit but I paid €189 just a year or so ago and NOW the bag is €250 !!! Which is still cheaper than most leather bags in the same ballpark but what a difference!

Have to say am delighted with my Tenba DNA 12 messenger bag. Takes XT-1 with 10-24 zoom fitted, room for 23mm 1.4 & kit 18-55. Space for lens hoods, flash, filters, and a host of other things, Loving the top opening AND the strap that enables me to carry it over the shoulder but away from a damaged neck. It's a keeper for me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

ONA Brixton, dark truffle (got mine used =>much cheaper :-))  )

This bag doesn’t look like a classic camera bag, even though it is one. I love carrying it, it´s my every day bag with camera, lenses, MBP an many other stuff. I think you won’t find many other such well-made leather bags at a lower price. The leather is a dream!

Here is something I found after I bought the Brixton. Looks similiar but for a much more reasonable price:

https://www.paulmarius.fr/en/produits/lereporter-naturel

http://www.amazon.de/PAUL-MARIUS-Ledertasche-Kameratasche-verstellbaren/dp/B00KHTWCLY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449569808&sr=8-2&keywords=ledertasche+foto

I use ThinkThank Mirrorless Mover 30i. It fits my X-T10 with 18-55 (lens hood attached), 55-200 mm (lens hood attached), Carl Zeiss Touit 32, an 8,3 inch tablet, mini tripod, business cards, rain cover, 1-2 battery, one 5 inch phone.

• 2 weeks later...

My fav bag currently is a Patagonia Mini Mass bag with an insert. The Patagonia is a small messenger bag, very light, almost no Velcro, water resistant, with a long strap for cross body wear. I also use a Billingham shoulder strap pad. Good for my X-T10 with 18-55, as well as my 50-230, 35, and either 27 or 60. Plenty of room for extras. The weight difference compared to some of my other bags is quite amazing.

Ona bowery canvas for "going out on the town"

Hadley pro for travel or more serious shooting sessions

my daily carry is a cheap $30 canvas shoulder/messenger found on amazon with a 3 partition insert from a random older bag that I wasn't using. Fits camera with one lens and my lunch

After 2 weeks of testing it, I found my new daily drive messenger bag.

Without too much surprise the Peak Design Everyday Messenger bag just does it for me. I can take my X-T1 with 27, 35, 60 and 18-135 lenses with any of them on the camera and still have the top half the bag mostly empty to put more stuff inside.

The Field Pouch that goes with it is really nicely done too, if you don't fill it too much, it can cozily sits on the front zipper pocket.

Also have a back zipper for laptop and another smaller pocket for up to 10" tablet.

So far, my best daily bag :D

[Edit after some super rainy days testing]

Well, it works really well, I have been covered in rainy weather for the last week and nothing inside the bag got any kind of wetness due to the rain. I had to walk home the other day and with the 20 mins of walking beneath heavy rain, my gear is still pristine. This bag earned my trust as my daily drive bag.

Small issues, if you fill it up there are opening on the sides, which can quite wide open and let some water in, but that aside, the bag is quite good for a messenger style.

If I'm carrying a few lenses plus flash etc, then I have an old Domke F1x that is left over from my Nikon days.

I also have a Domke satchel for trips with a camera and a couple of lenses.

If I need to carry more than just camera gear then I have a cheap canvas rucksack with a padded camera insert in the bottom - I really like that one because the camera compartment is only accessible from the back of the rucksack.

Generally, I love that I can carry more kit without the weight that came with my old DSLR setup.

Andy

The think tanks seem good.

I am looking for something to hold. 

Fuji Xt-1

2-3 lenses. Maybe a flash. A tripod of some sort would be nice and a macbook . Any suggestions. I have been needing a backpack for a while now anyways. Stylish is a plus. 

The think tanks seem good.

I am looking for something to hold. 

Fuji Xt-1

2-3 lenses. Maybe a flash. A tripod of some sort would be nice and a macbook . Any suggestions. I have been needing a backpack for a while now anyways. Stylish is a plus. 

Just read the whole thread, there have been plenty of bags presented along their pros and cons ;]

I use a Billingham Hadley Pro (green) and fit XT-1, 14mm, 35mm, 18mm and 56mm - attached & X100 and WCL with laptop (MacBook) and memory cards/batteries in front pocket (L) and a couple of filters, business cards and used batteries and lens cloth etc in front pocket ®.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Ridgeback

My Fuji travel kit:

ThinkTank Urban Approach 15

My walkabout bag, presently containing some of my Canon film kit: AT-1, FD28, FD50, Vivitar 35-105, 3x TC and some filters, cable release.

The bag is army surplus, canvas, has an old foam divider from another bag in the bottom and cost 15 bucks. Rainproofing is usually not an issue here in the desert. Nice long strap to go over the shoulder and neck. It is light, soft (conforms to body) and about as little of a camera bag as humanly possible. One strap done up, the other loose for access.

Seahorse case for my vintage box cameras:

1930s Ansco Agfa ShurShot B2 on the left, Zeiss Ikon Tengor 56 on the right. These are old (but gold) and need protection and coddling, especially when travelling. The Agfa body is made of cardboard!

And finally my Russian kit:

Ca. 30 year old bag bought in Europe while stationed over there, containing FED 2e, Industar 22, KMZ 26m, KMZ turret finder, lightmeter and filters.

Oh yes ... almost forgot. My fave bag is my Point65  MT Cargo. I can wear it as a fanny pack, a shoulder bag, a rucksack and it integrates into my Boblbee Megalopolis backpack for traveling or longer day trips. Enough space for a camera, 2 extra lenses, filters, cable release, lens cloths, pen/paper (v. important when shooting film), lightmeter and even a snack and a light jacket/fleece.

Edited by Ridgeback

Guest Ridgeback

Talking of fave bags ... here's a 'bag' that has nothing to do with Fuji but I find it perfect for the purpose:

Rollei tropical case
Protects against dust and humidity

Tropical case open

Camera in shooting position

Inside the case underneath the hinge of the camera bracket you can see the desiccant capsule. Reuseable by heating in the oven. The other slot in the opposite corner of the case can be used for a second capsule in very humid climates, or for a spare roll of film in normal/dry climates. Love the way Germans think stuff out to the end.

• 4 weeks later...

I've posted before in this thread with my preference for the Billingham Hadley Large..... which is still my favourite all round carry bag when I'm on my two feet.

BUT....... if I need to get around London on the hurry up my preferred mode of transport is a Brompton.

For those of you who don't know about Bromptons, they are folding bikes designed specifically for riding in London (or other cities), still built by hand in London and are one of the very few bikes that are permitted to be carried all over London transport, even on the deep underground where regular bikes are completely banned.

When I'm riding my Brompton I swap out my Hadley for the Brompton S Bag which clips to a mount on the front. The S bag looks like an ordinary messenger satchel but has two extra features. Firstly an internal, but removable aluminum frame to mount the bag to the bike's front block and secondly two side pouches which are not mounted on the sides of the bag but at the rear so that they wrap around the front mount.

http://www.brompton.com/The-Bike

As you can see from the image, my Brompton is a black P6L, with rear carrier, front hub dynamo lighting, gel saddle and an Off-yer-Bike carry handle. And EVERYTHING except the helmet and the bike fits inside the black S Bag and that includes the jacket which is down and acts like an extra front bumper. And yes, that green liner is the inner compartment from my Hadley Large which fits very nicely inside the S Bags main compartment.

Edited by Noel

Dsptch Camera Ruckpack

Fits everything I like to travel with perfectly. My favorite part of this bag is that the camera kit can be removed to convert to a general bag.

Dsptch Camera Ruckpack

Fits everything I like to travel with perfectly. My favorite part of this bag is that the camera kit can be removed to convert to a general bag.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the ONA Brixton, Berlin II and Bowery. I think this brand has the best combination of looks and practicality. Lot of the other ones makes me feel like I'm wearing a fanny pack (who wants that?) Out of the three, the Berlin II is the only leather one and my favorite.

No one mentions National Geographic bags. I have one and it is great. It is made from canvas, grey color so it blends with everything you wear and is not obtrusive or attention grabbing. Model number is NG W2140. It uses velcro for front flap and under that is another small flap with zipper for extra security when in crowds. The bags fabric is tough and durable, yet soft and isn't too rigid like many other camera bags so it actually conforms to your hip when worn. Padding is sufficient and there is extra insert with zip cover that can be removed from bag. It holds my XT 10 with 18-55, 50-230, Canon FD 50 1.4 with adapter and Yongnuo flash. In smaller pockets I carry cleaning cloth, spare battery, charger, Raynox  DCR 250 adapter, pocket knife and some other things. It also has a pocket for iPad or small laptop-up to 10 inches. Also included is rain cover. It is great bag for every day walk around and price is fair-around 80 €.