My favorite camera bag is...

I used a Think Tank City Walker 10 for a couple years.  Pretty nice, lightweight bag - good for a body and a couple lens + small accessories.  As my X system grew it started to feel cramped so I started looking around for something else.

I went for an old favorite, the Domke F-2.  Tough, old school style and affordable (at least compared to a lot of other camera bags).  Plenty of room left for another lens, backup body, etc.

17967700072_686c63e90a_m.jpg  17967700832_af922e5602_m.jpg

FWIW - I still use my first, now well worn Domke F-2 as a utility bag - hauling around flash accessories, Go Pro's and such.  This one started out solid black in 1996.

17783020058_9375c178cc_m.jpg

Finally I've bitten the bullet and got a retrospective 7, to also double as everyday pack.

And when about everyone on the internet claim it's the best money can buy, everyone is not wrong.

Yes it's double the price of a Tamrac Apache but it's worth 5 times that in quality, look and feel. That thing will last 10 to 20 years for sure, and damn is it comfortable for the weight!

Sorry OP, and I tried.

Billingham Hadley Pro. I can carry my X-T1, 18-135mm, 10-24mm, 23mm, 27mm, and 35mm with room for extra batteries, iPad, cleaning kit, filters, and a Helios 44-2 if I want. It's practically bulletproof too. I've never felt alarmed by weather or other conditions with my gear in this bag. It's not cheap, but worth every last penny for the quality and insurance it provides. It also cleanly fits under the seat in front of me on airplanes.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me whether an XT-1 with Long Eyecup, and with 18-55 lens complete with lens hood attached, will fit lens down in an Apache 2 bag?  Specified measurements suggest it may be problematic.  I am considering both the Apache 2 and 4, but with advancing years the latter is bigger than I would like to carry everyday while walking around cities on holidays.

I have the Retrospective 20 affording ample room for X-T1, 3 prime lenses, flash and several small compartments for batteries, chargers, extra storage cards, etc.  Items are easily accessed and bag is inconspicuous, especially after wife inadvertently spilled a glass of wine on the exterior.  Contacted ThinkTank after I received it and they gladly sent additional dividers for my specific needs at no charge.  

A lot of great options listed in this thread. Another option is taking any messenger bag and getting Domke or Tenba inserts to protect the lenses. I love my Ona "Union Street" bag, which holds my 3 cameras and lenses, batteries and chargers. My bag holds:

X-Pro1 (x2) with lenses mounted

X100s

14mm f2.8

23mm f1.4

56mm f1.2

TCL-X100

11 batteries

2 chargers

iPad Air (15" laptop would also fit in the padded interior slot)

I'll still be able to cram the 90mm in a compartment once that arrives, but no room for a 4th body...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The Ona sound very nice, but it's a bit expensive. I've been looking for a bag to hold my X-T1 with 2-3 lenses, as well as a 13'' notebook for ages now. Can anyone recommend a bag that is a little cheaper?

the  Jill.E design model Jack Camera Messenger (small) should be giving you all you need (I needed the large version)

I use the Hadley small for my X-T1 & 14MM, Canon 50mm f1.4, Metabones adapter, Lee big stopper, Lee little stopper, Lee polarizer, all in tins, Lee adapter and two rings. blower, remote, spare battery. and believe it or not a MeFoto carbon tripod, Its a super light bag and waterproof, thats what put me off leather, more weight and heavy when wet.

My think tank mirrorless mover 20 is small and carries my xt1 with lens, x100s and 1 lens (or 2 lenses). Lenspen, spare batteries, sd cards, ef-20, iPad 4, rain cover, with room for more accessories. Their available in heathered grey now, which I like more then my original one.

I also have a Hadley small. Which carries about the same but is a little bulkier and also misses a handle on the lid.

This is the ThinkTank Streetwalker Harddrive backpack.  I originally purchased it for my Nikon equipment which I have since sold - and repacked it with my Fuji gear.  It holds virtually everything for travel or on site shoots, including

X-T1 with 50-140, second camera (either my X100 or my XE-2 with 27mm), my other lenses including 56mm, 55-200, 14mm and 18-50, my 3Legging Thing Brian and my Lee Seven5 filter system.  There are additional pockets on the inside flap for batteries and other gear, plus outside pockets on the front and both sides, with facility to hold a tripod on the outside of the pack, but I like being able to have it inside as it meets carry-on dimensions that way.

Streetwalker Harddrive (1 Of 1)

Trying to pick a new bag for my X-T1. My Kelly Moore Thirst Relief bag is falling apart and also a little too big for a mirrorless system, I think. I currently only have the X-T1 and a 35mm F1.4 but I plan on having a 16 and 56 as part of this kit as well so something that fits this comfortably. Some of the contenders are the Ona Prince Street if I want to go expensive or the Thinktank Mirrorless Mover 30i if I want to go cheap.

But...I'd like to look for a high quality bag from another maker. I looked at smaller companies like Wotancraft as well. There are tons of bags from small shops in Europe and Japan that look great but I haven't found one that looks and fits the way I want yet.

typeronin - A great small bag for an XT-1 and 2-3 lenses and other basic necessities is the ThinkTank Retrospective.  Besides my Thinktank backpack (above), I have the Retrospective 7 which would fit you needs perfectly.  It will also fit an iPad.  A little smaller version, the Retrospective 5 might fill your needs as well.  http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/retrospective-7-pinestone.aspx

My favourite camera bag is the ONA Prince St messenger bag in dark truffle leather - it's luxurious and a real pleasure to carry around. That said it is for my carry everywhere X100T, and it wouldn't hold mush more than a very basic system (eg. one body, 2-3 lenses).

My preferred bag for work is the Thinktank Airport Airstream. It's international carry on sized (meaning I can use it in Australia), and it carries a lot of stuff. Here you see it setup to carry my gear, and here's what's inside (clockwise from the top):

4 x X-T1 (2 with battery grips)

Nikon 35mm f/2 under a 50mm f/1.8 on a Kipon tilt adapter.

10-24mm f/4

50-140mm f/2.8

18-55mm f/2.8-4

56mm f/1.2

23mm f/1.4

35mm f/1.4 on top of stacked 11mm and 16mm extension rings

16-55mm f/2.8

Nissin i40 flash unit with spare batteries and diffuser

Rokinon 12mm f/2

Vello off camera flash cable

Then in the lid I've numerous small accessories/tools etc as well as 8 x W126 batteries and a card pouch.

One day I need to lay it all out next to the body so it can be truly appreciated!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

My favourite camera bag is the ONA Prince St messenger bag in dark truffle leather - it's luxurious and a real pleasure to carry around. That said it is for my carry everywhere X100T, and it wouldn't hold mush more than a very basic system (eg. one body, 2-3 lenses)...l

Hi Antony,

quick question about the Prince St - can you fit A4 paper in there? I need a bag for work plus camera and often need to transport small piles of A4 printouts...would be great if the fit in the Prince St without having to fold them in half or upgrading to the Brixton.

Hi Antony,

quick question about the Prince St - can you fit A4 paper in there? I need a bag for work plus camera and often need to transport small piles of A4 printouts...would be great if the fit in the Prince St without having to fold them in half or upgrading to the Brixton.

You can "just" fit A4 paper in there if you move the divider so it attaches to the side walls and not the back seam. That said, a folder that added even 1cm would make the bag too small. I wouldn't recommend this bag if you needed to carry A4 paper.

Thanks Antony and Milandro! The Jill.E is too bulky for my taste...and thanks for testing it out Antony! Been looking for this answer for ages (without access to a good camera shop here in Canberra). Might have to go the Braxton after all :)