XT-3 (NEW) locks up / freezes randomly

vitalion

Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 hours ago, BobJ said:

In my experience this can be down to a faulty sd card. If you have two cards in, the faulty one will still cause the lock up as the camera cannot write to it. Replace both cards with good quality new ones and try again.

Would be cool if you can demonstrate with a video or at least provide more details. Out camera don't suffer from the issue if godoxtrigger isn't used. 

Sorry, I have only just returned to look at the forum. I can't give you a video  as I threw the cards away a long time ago. It is possible that what you all are experiencing is something different but in my case it was definitely a faulty sd card. Try with two different cards installed. You never know.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2021 at 10:08 AM, BobJ said:

In my experience this can be down to a faulty sd card. If you have two cards in, the faulty one will still cause the lock up as the camera cannot write to it. Replace both cards with good quality new ones and try again.

This is a known issue with both the X-H1 and the X-T3. Always use Fuji recommended SD cards, insert/eject with care and switch off the camera when you do and format the cards in camera every time you've transferred the files to your computer. However, even then this error may occur. I've had three H1's of which two had this issue and one T3 that also showed this occasionally. In a few months I've lost more images than in 30+ years prior to that, so I'm not using them for professional work anymore. My personal X-Pro2 ploughs on faithfully 😉

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Matsimillian
      Hello! 

I’m a bit worried I did a bad deal. I bought a used Fujifilm XT-3 quite cheap yesterday. I am the 3rd owner.
      The first owner was a professional photographer that bought the camera in 2019.
      Neither me or the seller can find the shutter count by checking the EXIF. He got a shutter count of 391, I got a count of 3. 
      Seller told me he had the camera on service once to fix the shutter button, could the service guys have reset the counter?
      I also noticed when I got home I had to put in the date and time again even though I tested the camera like two hours before at the sellers place.
      I read this might be due to a small capacitor that stores some memory. Can this be the reason behind the reset shutter count?
      Appreciate any advice on how I can find the total shutter count, if I should return the camera or just live with the unknown and enjoy the camera.
    • By fujiinky
      Hi All,
      I've just updated my X-Pro1 firmware from 3.80 to 3.82 and now changes in DISP. CUSTOMS SETTING are only seen in LCD and not EVF or OVF ie lots of the options are no longer available.
      I've emailed Fuji but had no response so far. In fairness that may be because our local branch is located in a Covid lock down area.
      I'm hoping that Fuji will fix this issue. In the mean time does anyone know if it's possible to revert back to 3.80? It's not something I want to experiment with and risk making the situation worse.

Cheers,
      David

• By claudiozavalajr
      I’ve been importing video files from my XT3 to iPhone using SD Card adapter with no issue for several years. 

now for some reason, I can’t.
      So I imported to iMac on Photos app. After syncing its is now on my phone. Video plays in album but I cannot import them to any video editing app. 

I’m using iPhone w most current iOS.
      Please help! 
    • By R3D
      Hi All,

Hope that some encountered that problem before and can help.
      I get my X-T4 a few weeks ago with FW 1.17 and it seemed to work correctly but just for the sake of having most up-to-date version I updated to 1.22). 
      After the update my fav view mode ([EYE SENSOR] + [LCD IMAGE DISP.]) is corrupted. It essentially keeps the LCD on whenever eye is away from EVF.
      Image preview is set 1.5 sec and is displayed correctly only on LCD screen. I set the LCD do info screen but it's not really how I'd like to have it working. 
      I was hoping that 1.23 will fix it but unfortunately no change after yesterday's release. 
      Thank you in advance! 
      R. 

• By Alami1906
      I've not used my X-t3 for a while, haven't changed any settings since I last used it & it was working fine. But now everything through the viewfinder & the images it takes are massively under-exposed & dark, in a weird, grey-ish kind of way. Please see image attached; it's hard to capture in a photo, but this was a well lit setting, with the camera on: Shutter 125, Aperture 5.6, ISO 400. The image is way too dark (nb it's not blue like in the photo, just really under-exposed). I'm thinking of doing a factory reset but can't find how to do this. 
      Help! 

• I must have activated the wrong setting because now when I switch to the OVF the white windows stays for a second and then completely disappears. Any idea how to get it back? Thank you all so much. 🙂
    • No thunder stolen. If you read to the end of my article you'll see (in the section "Resources") I have a link for Simon Weir's site. I also have two other links on there with various IR tests. My article is only Fuji-centric because that is my system of choice though I've done a ton of IR work with Sony FF as well. I consider the sites for which I provide links to be complementary and I wish there were more sites out there evaluating for infrared. Although I test for infrared quite thoroughly I can only afford so many lenses. The eight Fuji mount lenses shown in my article I bought myself. In fact, same with the Sony and Micro 4/3 with the exception of the two Sony APS-C zooms that were rented. Also when I get new lenses, I'll update the article on my blog. I can't update the PetaPixel one as they just republished what was on my blog at the time. I have recently shot with the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f1.2 Fuji-X and 7Artisans 35mm f0.95 Fuji-X. After trying 2 samples of the Voigtlander I returned them both but mainly for their strange and unacceptable (for my work) performance with resolution. Regarding IR, the Voiglander is free of hotspots from 1.2 through about f3.5. I'm impressed with the 7Artisans overall but it only works for IR at wider apertures (f0.95 through about f2.8.) Then again that's why you buy an f/0.95 lens. Thanks for the feedback. Happy shooting! Joel
    • Yes I don’t blame you. I’ll always have some Fujifilm gear. But if they don’t upgrade their gear in the next 3 months I’m going to go back to Canon for a lot of my work. I really love Fujifilm for all the right reasons but it’s faults are getting in the way of my work at this point.
    • You're welcome. I still use my X-Pro2 for personal work every now and then, but I replaced the X-H1 (and the rest of the Fuji-kit) with a Z7II-based kit and I'm very satisfied with that move.
    • That’s a lot of great info. I’m gonna explore those options. I don’t really wanna get an XT4 at this point. (Come on X-H2!) Thanks!