XT-3 (NEW) locks up / freezes randomly

vitalion

22 hours ago, BobJ said:

In my experience this can be down to a faulty sd card. If you have two cards in, the faulty one will still cause the lock up as the camera cannot write to it. Replace both cards with good quality new ones and try again.

Would be cool if you can demonstrate with a video or at least provide more details. Out camera don't suffer from the issue if godoxtrigger isn't used. 

Sorry, I have only just returned to look at the forum. I can't give you a video  as I threw the cards away a long time ago. It is possible that what you all are experiencing is something different but in my case it was definitely a faulty sd card. Try with two different cards installed. You never know.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2021 at 10:08 AM, BobJ said:

In my experience this can be down to a faulty sd card. If you have two cards in, the faulty one will still cause the lock up as the camera cannot write to it. Replace both cards with good quality new ones and try again.

This is a known issue with both the X-H1 and the X-T3. Always use Fuji recommended SD cards, insert/eject with care and switch off the camera when you do and format the cards in camera every time you've transferred the files to your computer. However, even then this error may occur. I've had three H1's of which two had this issue and one T3 that also showed this occasionally. In a few months I've lost more images than in 30+ years prior to that, so I'm not using them for professional work anymore. My personal X-Pro2 ploughs on faithfully 😉

• 3 months later...

I just had the same issue on an XT3 with a camera that's less than a month old. I have the battery grip. I just unscrewed it and the freezing stopped without having to take the internal battery out. I screwed the grip back on and went back to shooting. It's quite disheartening, though. I hope Fuji deals with this. I also was shooting Godox xpro trigger. I noticed a few people mentioned they were shooting flash when it froze. I'm not sure if it's pertinent, but I thought I'd mention it in case Fuji is monitoring these threads.

• 4 weeks later...

Godox has released a firmware update to the X2T trigger.

I have done the upgrade but not tried the setup yet.

Fixed in update v1.2:

1. Fix the occasional stuck problem when using it on the camera.
2. Optimize the algorithm logic of the AF focus lamp to support the use of the AF focus lamp in extremely dark places.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I still have same issue on XT4 v1.25 with Godox X2T-F updated to v1.2 and also had similar lock several times in a single session with Profoto Air Remote trigger.

Edited by om/2
Clarification that I am using XT4, not XT3

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, Susan said:

I actually shipped my camera to Fuji Service Center in NJ, after several calls they told me I will need my shutter to be replaced (which will cost me $270 as it's out of warranty). I'm really not quite sure if it's the shutter issue as for my case the camera works fine without the flashlight, and I actually tried my friend's Fuji XT3 camera using the same Godox flash settings and his camera experienced the same lock up issue as well. I ended up not proceeding with the fix. But this lock up issue remains unsolved. 

Yeah - I also noticed that this lockup/freeze issues occur when my  Godox v1 flash is on and I’ve been shooting for a while.  I’m wondering also if the flash causes a sensor overheat issue.