New lens XF 50mm F1.0 R WR.

bem

Hi,
New lens XF 50mm F1.0 R WR, "launch" late September 2020.
When it is possible to buy I have not a clue.
It has a rather hefty recommended price tag (that I have read info about from a Photo Magazine in my country).

- Large diameter mid telephoto prime lens.
- World's first Autofocus capable F1.0 interchangeable lens for mirrorless digital cameras.
Etc.

Source and more info:
https://www.fujifilm.com/news/n200903_01.html

/Bo

No, I have not. I just use this forum for Fujifilm info, it is enough for me, for info about my X-T4 camera and the lens I use. 
I will check out the link You provided, mdm.
This new lens is said to be good to use working in low light conditions. Maybe something for me since I'm often out in afternoon and evenings with my X-T4 when light conditions are not so good. I will read more about this lens to find out if it could be for me or not. My present (only) lens XF 16-80mm F4 R OIS WR is OK but in lower light conditions it is not so good I have noticed. With flash it is great but one can not always use that.
The XF 50mm F1.0 R WR has a weight of 845 gram, my XF 16-80mm F4 R OIS WR weight 440 gram.
No OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) in the lens on XF 50mm F1.0 R WR, but the X-T4 camera I have has OIS. So maybe that is enough and not so big disadvantage then to use a non OIS lens?
/Bo

Edited by bem

• 3 months later...

Hi, Bo - I'm curious as to if you ended up purchasing the f1.0 lens. Did you consider the 56MM f1.2? For that one stop of different it seems to be much less costly and heavy. I have the 1.2 and do like it - and despite an ongoing case of permanent "GAS" (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) have no desire for the 1.0

Now, that once-rumored 500MM f5.6 - that I am very interested in!

Edited by f8lee
typo correction

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/9/2022 at 10:26 AM, Astigmatism said:

This is an old thread, I know, but I bought this 50 mm f/1.0 lens recently. It's pretty amazing. Cost a lot, though!

Sorry to once again revice an old thread but, I just picked this lens up as well! Cannot wait for it to arrive in the mail :) I found it for a pretty decent price in Canada, I think.