Can’t get aperture priority mode

Hi everyone!

With Fuji xe3 I’m trying to switch to aperture priority mode following the manual instruction:

- Mode: Auto

-Shutter speed: auto

-aperture: selected in manual mode on the lense

I should see A on the bottom left of the screen and be able to change aperture from the lense, I do everything but I don’t see the A letter on the screen and cannot change aperture using the lense. It is not a lense problem because the aperture change when I use Full manual mode.

so where I’m wrong??

Sorry I have to be more specific. Mode AUTO in the users manual was inteded for the aperture switch on the lense (Manual or auto). However I solved the problem because I was doing something wrong. I have another question... Can anyone confirm that with x-e3 is not possible to change aperture from the camera body if you’re using lenses with ring for aperture control but only with lenses without aperture ring control? Fuji assistance said it to me...

Edited by Pappo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:03 AM, Pappo said:

Can anyone confirm that with x-e3 is not possible to change aperture from the camera body if you’re using lenses with ring for aperture control but only with lenses without aperture ring control? 

That is my understanding - and also my pratical experience with the 15-45 XC (no aperture ring) and the 18-55 XF (with aperture ring)

cheers