Exposure compensation wheel

JayneO

Hello please can you help! I am shooting in Manual with Auto Iso. In the main with the fastest aperture and manual shutter speed. In low light I want to use the Exposure compensation dial and sometimes this doesn't seem to work on the C setting, even with pushing the front wheel to toggle to the option to use it.. The exposure isn't changing and in general all my pics are coming out a bit dark. It seems that somehow within the camera the exposure is set too low. What I'm seeing through the EVF isn't the same as the capture I'm seeing on the LCD. I'm new to the Fuji system so would really appreciate help.

Hello, EC  doesn't work in manual mode. It may compensate (override) only automatic settings made by camera itself. So if you want to lighten you image manually you should open the aperture or increas the shutter speed, provided that you iso in Auto.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 3:21 PM, JayneO said:

Hello please can you help! I am shooting in Manual with Auto Iso. In the main with the fastest aperture and manual shutter speed. In low light I want to use the Exposure compensation dial and sometimes this doesn't seem to work on the C setting, even with pushing the front wheel to toggle to the option to use it.. The exposure isn't changing and in general all my pics are coming out a bit dark. It seems that somehow within the camera the exposure is set too low. What I'm seeing through the EVF isn't the same as the capture I'm seeing on the LCD. I'm new to the Fuji system so would really appreciate help.

According to this, exposure compensation only works with shutter speed dial set to A. Was worried too...