X 10 appreciation thread.

Of course the 20 and the 30 must be better but I discovered this camera, quite by chance, and after I had been coming to the X system and already owning a X-T1 with 5 lenses.

Yet, I’ve always had, next to my computer a small camera to take quick and easy shots, mostly of the saxophones ( my other hobby)  that I sell when I have something else to sell on line.

For many years I had a Canon G10 which did a very good job but after having entered the X system I had put an arca swiss adapter to all my tripods and this worked very annoyingly with the Canon.

I saw that the shoe to attach it to such a head would have not impaired the possibility to change battery or card while the camera was on the tripod . I had also seen that, incredibly, quite a few people were buying Canon G10 on line for a decent amout of money and that I could buy, with the same amount of money a pristine X 10.

So I sold my camera to a lady who used it for her scuba diving and had damaged another one she had and bought one from a young guy who preferred to use his Iphone ( he had bought quite a few accessories but hardly ever used the camera).

I have to say that I was absolutely chuffed with the camera. It dos great things in general but where the camera really comes into its own is the super macro and the portrait mode simulating shallow depth of field.

Not that I would ditch the X-T1 but this camera is really very good, so I can only imagine what the other two would be like!

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, the X10! It was my third Fuji, but my first X. I still absolutely love it. I did not upgrade to the X20 and X30. I deemed that the X20 was not significantly better (as a matter of fact some users consider the IQ of the X10 better), and to be frank, I do not quite like the design of the X30. Meanwhile I have a X-T1 and three lenses, but I keep coming back to the X10. Absolutely beautiful camera. It was the main reason I fell in love with photography again. With half-case, soft-touch release, 40mm filter (and eventually the dedicated lens hood) it looks even more beautiful. I will use until the first of us dies.

• 4 weeks later...

I marvel at how good this camera is especially with portraits, using a capability that is absent on the X-T1 ( but present as one of the 58 presets the X-T10!) to shoot 2 or 3 pictures when in SP portrait mode and fusing them together, one sharp and two others (or one, depending on the situation) not sharp to increase the blurred portion of a picture.

Very nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought the x10 when it first launched. I loved it but got the itch for interchangeable lenses and sold it to go micro four thirds. I bought another this week and was very pleased to use it again. It holds up well. Other cameras will beat it in image quality for sure but it is still a joy to use and ergonomically great. In good light it produces gorgeous images. 

• 5 months later...
Hello,

Do you know this circular stain problem for this camera?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Bonjour milandro

Merci pour votre réponse et en retour, voici une photo avec une ouverture à F 11.

On peut voir la tache noire. Est-il possible que ce soit une poussière sur le capteur?

Si c'est le cas, peut-on avoir un accès assez simple?

Je pense que le coût de la réparation chez Fuji est plus important que le prix de l'appareil!

Un grand merci pour tout cela

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Bonjour milandro

Merci pour votre réponse et en retour, voici une photo avec une ouverture à F 11.
On peut voir la tache noire. Est-il possible que ce soit une poussière sur le capteur?
Si c'est le cas, peut-on avoir un accès assez simple?
Je pense que le coût de la réparation chez Fuji est plus important que le prix de l'appareil!

Un grand merci pour tout cela

Oui c'est une poussière sur le capteur! Aucune idee pour le prix de la repar !

Bonjour,

Oui c'est seulement quelques objets étrangers sur le capteur. Un problème facile , juste d'un nettoyage du capteur. Votre magasin de confiance peut le résoudre pour vous. Il n'y a pas besoin de l'envoyer à Fuji. Mon magasin de confiance nettoie le capteur gratuitement, mais d'autres demandent 30 €

Mais la langue officielle de ce forum est l’anglais...

Yes, it’s only some foreign object on the sensor. An easy problem, only need cleaning the sensor. Your trusted shop can solve this for you, There is no need to send this to Fuji. My trusted shop cleans this for fee but other shops ask €30 

Good luck

Edited by milandro

Sorry I forgot this was about the X10.

In that case probably, the only option is sending the camera to the Fuji service which is your case probably means somewhere very far. Also, as you say, it may cost more than the camera is worth (even if these cameras are now picking up in price, I’ve sold mine for more than I paid ( secondhand and I could get now even more than that!).

Before sending ti away ( if you decide to do so) I would try, If I were you, to open and close the lens a few times with a bit of energy whilel holding the camera with the lens facing the ground.

The suction generated by the lens extending (completely) might dislodge the foreign object which, could even be at the back of the lens and not the sensor. You may be lucky!

Good Luck!