Fuji X Raw Studio - how to convert?

I started using Fuji X Raw Studio 1.10.1 (previously I was at 1.3).  When I change the Film Simulation or Sharpness (etc) and click Convert - it seems to convert ok but when I look at my filesystem I have a .FP1, .FP2, .FP3 file - and I'm not sure that the .RAF file was modified.

Please advise and thanks

Update: Ah, I see that it creates a .jpg in addition to those .FP files.  Is there anyway to have it created an updated .RAF?

Edited by jw432

Actually, modifying the .RAF file is not recommended. That is the data the camera recorded, the convertors use this to make a copy in a different format with those changes you make so that you can go back to that original at some later time and use it as a baseline to make other changes.

If you export the changes as a jpg file, you will be able to “use it right away as a finished image”, if you export it as a TIFF file you can import it into an image editor with all of the image information ready for the editor. JPG loses some of that information in order to have smaller files.

Fujifilm’s Raw Convertor program is similar in name to to their Raw Studio, but only does conversions. If you are interested, the way it works is to keep a second companion file listing the most recent changes you make so that the next time you open that .RAF image in the Raw Convertor program, it applies those changes to the image on the screen. You can of course export a final jpg or tiff file as you wish.

Edited by jerryy

As far as I know, it depends on which camera you have. Raw Studio uses your camera’s built-in processor to make the converted image, so if your camera can save files in the tiff format, that will be one of the options you have, otherwise you will only be able to choose jpg.

However, if you use Fujifilm’s Raw Converter software, you can always choose tiff:

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/support/download/software/raw-file-converter-ex-powered-by-silkypix/

Note: there are plenty of converters out there, some free, some costly, all of them have at least a slight learning time and you will find a lot of opinions as to which will give you the best results.

If you have any questions, just ask!

• 8 months later...

Hallo,

I've purchased a new X100V and would like to use the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO software.

After connection the x100v to my both computers Apple and HP-window, the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO is reconizing and showing in the left above corner the name X100V and the battery level, but not showing the files. I shoot both RAW and JPG together. 

Of course I've arranged the correct connection setting / PC connection mode / USB raw Conv./backup restore on my X100v.

How do I get the files into the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Kind regards,

Pim.

Netherlands.

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 6:31 AM, Pim said:

Hallo,

I've purchased a new X100V and would like to use the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO software.

After connection the x100v to my both computers Apple and HP-window, the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO is reconizing and showing in the left above corner the name X100V and the battery level, but not showing the files. I shoot both RAW and JPG together. 

Of course I've arranged the correct connection setting / PC connection mode / USB raw Conv./backup restore on my X100v.

How do I get the files into the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Kind regards,

Pim.

Netherlands.

If you still need help. I had the same problem. Then figured out you have to first copy the files on your computer. After you connect the camera then you can open the files from the folder on your computer where you saved them. Raw Studio can't open the files from the card inside the camera, it only uses the camera to process the files that are on your hard drive.