X-T3 improved EVF cf. X-T2 EVF?

Skeusen

Question from a newbie with a used X-T2 and aging eyesight. The YouTube gurus seem inconsistent with regard to whether or not the 3,690,000 dot EVF on the X-T3 is a noticable improvement over the 2,360,000 dot one in the X-T2. It's not the only reason to upgrade of course, but I'm looking for any justification I can find! Does anyone with experience of both care to opine on the relative merits of the two EVFs?

I've owned two X-T2s and now an X-H1 which has the same EVF as the X-T3 (which I also used for two weeks but wasn't happy with). The 3.69 EVF is brighter and esp. in lower light situations less noisy compared to the 2,36 EVF. I also have aging eyesight and wear glasses, but I find the 3.69 EVF worth upgrading despite the fact that the X-T2 has a 0.77x magnification and the X-T3 a 0.75x magnification which results in a marginally smaller viewfinder.

Herco - thank you, that's helpful. I've not had the X-T2 very long but have enjoyed my 'Fuji experience' a lot. Not unusally, I'm suffering from 'Gear Acquisition Syndrome' which thus far I've fought off by buying lenses(!)  I don't do video and haven't yet got much into wildlife/sports, so the autofocus speed advantage of the X-T3 may not be a big issue for me; but the viewfinder is important.

But you raise a follow-up question - what was it about the X-T3 that you were unhappy with?

38 minutes ago, Skeusen said:

Herco - thank you, that's helpful. I've not had the X-T2 very long but have enjoyed my 'Fuji experience' a lot. Not unusally, I'm suffering from 'Gear Acquisition Syndrome' which thus far I've fought off by buying lenses(!)  I don't do video and haven't yet got much into wildlife/sports, so the autofocus speed advantage of the X-T3 may not be a big issue for me; but the viewfinder is important.

But you raise a follow-up question - what was it about the X-T3 that you were unhappy with?

I've owned a whole range of Fujifilm camera's from the X-Pro1, via X-T1, T2 to H1 and X-Pro2. The X-T2 was in terms of build quality a big upgrade from the Pro1 and the T1. When I picked up the T3 I was really disappointed with the build quality. It felt like a step-down from the T2 despite that the EVF was nicer and the AF a lot faster and with less hunting. I returned the T3 when it showed 'card write' failures on perfectly good cards. I then switched to the H1 which in terms of build quality was a huge improvement (also over the T2). 

Herco - thanks, interesting. It seems (with all/most brands?) people have varying experiences. I had picked up from YouTube ('Andrew & Denae') that the X-T2 has sometimes had build quality issues and from the forums that others feel the X-T3 is a lesser build since it's Chinese not Japanese. I guess it's very much a 'your mileage...' etc. thing. I think I'll see if I can get hold of an X-T3 on trial and see what works best for me. I hadn't thought of the X-H1 - I think I had somehow focussed on the X-T2 as the 'stills' option and the X-H1 as the 'video' one (and I have no interest in video).

I shall have to be careful about the 'Gear Aquisition Syndrome' kicking in!