XC 50-230mm how to disassemble tutorial?

Hey!

Recently I've accidentally dropped the lens and now it got jammed on zooming and optical stabilisation got jumpy.

Also after a day it just shows the lens error and stopped working.

It seems it gets some piece of plastic in its gears... 

I've tried to take it apart, successfully removed the rear lens and all the visible screws, but unfortunately I couldn't get further.

It's not obvious how to pull the internal barrel out, especially when it does not have screws under the rubber band (it has special windows, but no screws in there )

I couldn't find any tutorial on YT or Google

All other lens videos/instructions have more obvious disassembling steps.

Did someone has an experience on disassembling this lens?

Your help would be much appreciated

thank you

Edited by deemkey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hello photographers, - I am planning on launching a brand new Podcast for Digital Creators. It will be Fuji focused, but not exclusively. I want to cover photography, videography, audio recording, post production and some related business advice. I would like to include interviews with digital media creators and this is the reason for this post. Are you interested in being part of the show? I am looking to audio record interviews/chats with people from around the world. With the power of the internet, this can be through Skype, Zoom, VoIP or Facetime (for Apple users). Please send me a PM (Personal Message) if you are interested in joining this experimental project. Hope to hear from you!
    • For what it is worth, there is a person that goes by the name of Morris that has some approaches for birds in flight using long lenses on a X-T3 that may be of some help: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1594539/0 He is using a three box zone focus with center switching on continuous mode ... there are several pages in that thread with lots of discussion.
    • I hope to do some horse photography soon Jayne, so probably ask you some questions if that is okay.
    • Thanks so much! Really helpful and reassuring that I'm on the right track
    • Personally I don't mind the reduction of buttons and clutter on the back of the camera. It makes it better to grip but I will admit, I do not like touch screen. Fortunately most of my camera, I just needed 3 controls to be readily available, aperture, shutter speed and iso. As long as these 3 are quick to adjust, I am good to go. Looks like the XE-4 would be fine in term of that. The only thing I really hoped for was WR... would be a great little package to keep at all time rain or shine. We will have to see if that's the case as I compared to X100v spec sheet, also did not specify WR on the spec sheet. one can hope right?