Sign in to follow this  
bem

My X-T4 SD card files in Explorer - it is a Live and Still device shown...

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I have connected my X-T4 camera via USB before fine and have accessed the files on SD card while the card sat in the camera.
Today when I wanted to copy some files to my PC (Win 10) the X-T4 show two devices in Explorer: Live and Still.
What is that? I have not seen them before. I can not access any files on these devices.
I now have to take out one SD card from the slot in the camera and mount it in a SD card reader and then all files are there on the removable device
in folder DCIM\100_FUJI
Anyone know what  happened?
I have some Fuji applications installed:
X-Aquire
X RAW Studio.
I have also Capture One 20 for Fujifilm installed (latest version 13.1.1.31).
And Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 (and Adobe Premiere Elements 2020).

Is it some other application that has configured so it is Live and Still devices
in Explorer now?

/Bo

Edited by bem

You're probably in thethered shooting mode.:

• Disconnect the camera
  • go to connection settings > connection mode
  • activate sd card mode
  • reconnect

Argysh, 
Thanks for the answer. I have not tried anything since I posted my question in August 1  2020. I checked the setting today and it was for Connection Mode set to USB Card.
I connected my X-T4 via USB cable to my laptop and turned my X-T4 on and checked in Explorer and now it was displayed correctly so I could see the files directly on the SD card while it sat in the camera. I have not a clue why it worked today.
But since I'm used now to take the SD card out of the camera SD card slot and insert it to my laptop built in SD card slot I may continue with that. It is much faster transfer of RAF files this way.

/Bo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Couldnt agree more, I remember the XT-1 use to have machined dials on the top, and a very nice build qaulity. fast forward to the XT-4 and we have like you said cheap punched dials on the top, the flip out screen does feel like it will break every time i flip it out, and why the hell did they not cover the back of the flip out screen with the same material as the canera is beyond me
    • From the start of LR in 2006 I used LR for my Nikon's etc. Two years ago I changed from Nikon to Fujifilm X-T20 as a try-out, never made a better choise. The colors out of Fujifilm are not verry good in LR. The best at this moment are Exposure.software and Capture One pro. If you want to use the software for your Canon and your Fujifilm camera Raw's then you have to choose Capture One pro which is more expensive than the versions for just one brand. I use Exposure for a few years
    • I love Fujifilm cameras... have 3 of them: XE2 XT20 and XT4. Started getting hooked on BIF a year ago. Got the 100-400 but despite much practice, the keep rate is only about 50%. This really bugs me because the "keeper" are stunning...as the Osprey illustrates. Any help, advice, comments appreciated... (in the meantime shooting with D500 +200-500. Amazing BIF AF...keep rate 80%+ Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • @Wynvu this won't work. Exactly the setup I had in mind. But learned Fuji didn't start supporting HDMI live feed out on the X100 until the X100F.  I thought about selling my X100T and levelling up to the X100F. But even on eBay, that was gonna cost £300. So when I found an XF10 for £200 I jumped on it. I find it basically works for streaming as I’d hoped, except there is no way to remove the onscreen touch control UI, so I end up cropping my image dimension down in OBS software to send a cl