canon EF mount

jaytastic

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 6:29 AM, Aleksandr_m.f said:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1486631-REG/venus_optics_fr_fx2_canon_ef_lens_to.html

only this work almost perfect

but fuji lenses give better image quality, have tested ef 135 mm once, xf-90 was much sharper 

That's an unfair comparison, the 135L is known to be a mediocre performer compared to pretty much any fast 135 except the ancient Nikkor 135DC. I would have been shocked if the XF90 hadn't significantly outperformed the 135L. A Sigma 135/1.8 or Zeiss 135/2 will be a completely different story.

Based on my research, the Fringer AF adapter is the way to go, specifically the version II. It gets you access to a number of lenses with no equivalent in native mount. The 400DOII in particular is an enticing option, as are the various xxx-600 zooms.

Edited by mawz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, I have just ordered a mount converter from EF to FX, Fringer FR-FX2. (I have X-H1)

I had Canon or Nikon Cameras, and preferred SIGMA lenses.

( This limits AF to work on phase detection focus points, so coverage is almost half for X-H1. )

Already I confirmed my favorite SIGMA 70mm Art macro works with previous model FR-FX1,

and expect old 24mm F1.8 EX DG ASPHERICAL MACRO to work (AF, face/eye detection) with it.

Here you can find the confirmed lens list;

Canon EF to Fujifilm X - Fringer smart adapters (fringeradapter.com)

• 3 weeks later...

Today I used Tamron 24-70mm F2.8(A007), and SIGMA Art 70mm macro, through Fringer FR-FX2 (Portrait).

Both lenses are on the list, but I can't say they work perfectly.

Sometimes face/eye detection was lost, let's say, 2-3 shots out of 10, and I needed to wait face detection recovered.