Dummy Battery?

mattprince

What is the purpose of a dummy battery in this case?
For me a "dummy" is just something you mount in place for the original thing (battery in this case).
Is it some external battery pack you can connect to XT-4 that You mean?

/Bo

Edited by bem

Yeah so I shoot video, and with a dummy battery I could connect a v mount or npf battery plate to it so I could power the camera and the follow focus all from one battery. Plus it would probably reduce the overheating that plagues the xt4. Fuji do sell one for the XT3. 

OK, then I understand. I'm rather new to X-T4 and Fuiifilm camera. Seems Fujifilm lags behind a little with the X-T4 if the XT-3 had one dummy battery from Fujifilm but not X-T4. A mystery to me why not Fujifilm not already has come out with what You need, the X-T4 has been on the market for quite some time now. 
/Bo

• 3 weeks later...

X-T4 is USB-C Power Delivery, which means that the best solution to powering the camera is the USB-C port.

The X-T3 got dummy battery support because the dummy NP-W126 battery existed already, as it dates back to the X-T1 which needed it for tethering work (no USB charge or external power support).

• 3 months later...

But... You can't monitor audio and power the camera from the same usb port. I've tried several splitter options and none of them work; leaving me to monitor audio with their usb dongle and pull that if I have to power the camera with my monitor battery usb out.

When shooting video a camera is fully caged, with matte box, rails and follow focus. You don't want to change a battery out. You pretty much have to tear down your rig to do that...

• 4 months later...