How To Bring Exposure Comp. To Zero “0”?

I messed with the exposure compensation  button adjustment and seem to have adjusted it. But now I can’t get it to “0”. I guess I don’t know how to turn the adjustment off. As I point the camera to different lighting the top LCD exposure readout changes (back and forth), even when the internal EVF monitor scale shows perfect exposure.

What am I missing? How do I get back to “0”. I did reset the camera and it is still doing it. 

BTW I did delve into the manual, and watch You-Tube videos, but still can’t figure it out. 

As ever, thanks for the help! I love the top LCD, but maybe I should stick to rotary dials, like on my XPro-3 ;) Nah, I love this camera. With your help I’ll tough it out.

I like the X-H1 but that's a big beef with me; I much preferred the dials. The default on the X-H1 is that you hold down the little button to the right of the shutter button while rotating the rear command dial. I have mine set in the alternate choice, where the little button toggles exposure compensation between on and off. If you go to the "wrench" settings, select Button/Dial setting, scroll down to page 2/3 and near the bottom you can select Expo. Comp. Button Setting. You have a choice of holding the button while rotating the dial to do exposure comp, or to make the button toggle between on/off. There's a half-moon by the exposure comp scale that shows if adjustment is active. See which one you prefer.

Ben, thank you, you saved my life with that one. I just want the "on/off", not the other choice. I think it is unlikely that I'd engage that small button by mistake, but I'll be on the look out for the "half-moon" rising. Reminds me of one of my favorite song, Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!