Part I - second try....

Ok - let’s try this again?

I was a member many years back, but fell off the planet for quite some time. 

Used to run a pet & livestock photo business back in the days of c330s and Pentax 6x7s. 

Been so long I wasn’t recognized by the forum, so I re-registered. Tried to submit an intro a couple days back, never saw it posted. So - this is my 2nd try. IF I see this actually posted, I’ll continue with more info in Part II:)  If not - I’ll try a third time:)(FWIW - I am a techno-peasant, which could be the problem:)

geezer john

Part II...:)

Success!!!!  It appears that I truly exist - at least as far as this forum is concerned!  So - a brief Bio follows...

Retiring in 28 days!!!!! Professor at the same college for 40+ years. Anatomy, pathophysiology, and forensics. 

Married (40 years!) to a semi-retired veterinarian who runs a home-visit practice, specializing in behavioral problems.  No kids - just parrots and French Bulldogs.     

Picked up an XT-4, a 16-55mm, a 90mm, and a bunch accessories a few days ago.  

Miscellaneous trivia...

• 25 years of riding motorcycles. Favorite ride was a solo sojourn to the northern tip of Newfoundland (from the Midwest in the USA).
  • 30+ years of tactical firearms training, mostly handgun.
  • Godan Renshi in Isshin Ryu karate and kobudo. Ran a dojo for many years. 
  • consultant - Forensic Osteology.

And I guess that about covers things for this ol boy:). REALLY looking forward to learning bunches from you all. I’m not exactly native to tech - so it hurts me a little when my new camera is smarter than me:(  MANY questions will be headed your way. 

Cheers & stay safe!

geezer john