What should the successor of the X100T be like

How about us starting to dream about a successor of the X100T. Let us net call it an X100F (Fourth), but more like X200.

What do you wish for and what could Fuji present us with.

Let me start dreaming (just a hint, I love the X100T but it is still not quite perfect)

1.   Tiltable screen 3" in size. Just like on the X-T1

2.   24 MP APS-C size Sensor with phase detect points across the complete sensor

3.   Keep the 23mm f/2 lens but don´t stop at f/16 but go to f/22 but try and get it a tack sharper at f/2

4.   Now this is one which I think could start a discussion. The OVF/EVF. I could easily go along with just an EVF but with a larger magnification

5.   Better AF in low light. 

6.   Better dynamic range

7.   Include the lens hood  :D

8.   Native ISO of 50

9.   Weather sealing but not the mushy buttons as on the X-T1 first generation

10.  mmmhhh, I think that is all that I can think of at the moment.

Now let me read what you would like on the successor of the X100T.

#1 weather sealing

#2 a lock DoF fonction (ring focus is so smooth).

#3 A non focus by wire ring focus but like manual lens.

#4 Highlights zones in liveview like Panasonic GX7 in EVF

#5 More noticeable histogram in OVF

OVF is really useful when you always use hyperfocal method. It can save a lot battery use because manual focus and OVF.

While I like to think about what I'm missing or what I don't like in the current Fuji camera generation, the one thing that drives me completely nuts is that Fuji hasn't been able to come up with a single, consistent, working user experience for their high end X cameras. It shouldn't be so hard to come up with one consistent button layout, one consistent dial layout, one consistent way of displaying menus or Fn selections.

Aren't the engineering teams talking to each other? Do they have a different designer per camera? Can't they just lock these folks in a room, turn off the light and see who comes out still walking? Whatever the interface is, whether I like the changes or not, as long as they are consistent in the camera range, it will be a good change. 

#1 weather sealing

#2 a lock DoF fonction (ring focus is so smooth).

#3 A non focus by wire ring focus but like manual lens.

#4 Highlights zones in liveview like Panasonic GX7 in EVF

#5 More noticeable histogram in OVF

OVF is really useful when you always use hyperfocal method. It can save a lot battery use because manual focus and OVF.

I second your requests. Though I have no experience with GX7. 

• 2 months later...

#1 weather sealing (I don't know whether weather sealed means also dust sealed or not if not I want it seal from everything  :D)

#2 New len that show focus distance scale (in the lens itself or show in the view finder).

#3 Better AF

#4 Cost not higher than current X100T  :D  :D  :D

1# Fix that loose dial that changes the shutter speed when you breath.

2# Keep focus between shots maintaining the shutter half-pressed.

3# Weather sealing may be cool

4# More raw converter parameters. A way to make raw converter profiles from a computer with a extended set of parameters like RGB curves and so.

5# An iso dial like the x-pro2

6# Free upgrade for x100t owners :).

1# Fix that loose dial that changes the shutter speed when you breath.

2# Keep focus between shots maintaining the shutter half-pressed.

3# Weather sealing may be cool

4# More raw converter parameters. A way to make raw converter profiles from a computer with a extended set of parameters like RGB curves and so.

5# An iso dial like the x-pro2

6# Free upgrade for x100t owners :).

Wow...6# is all we want...LOL

High eyepoint viewfinder, like the xt1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but I don't see the point in that, the X100 series has OvF, only the X100T has a small hybrid part, but that aside, I do not see what the serie would gain from an EvF.

How about us starting to dream about a successor of the X100T. Let us net call it an X100F (Fourth), but more like X200.

What do you wish for and what could Fuji present us with.

Let me start dreaming (just a hint, I love the X100T but it is still not quite perfect)

1.   Tiltable screen 3" in size. Just like on the X-T1

2.   24 MP APS-C size Sensor with phase detect points across the complete sensor

3.   Keep the 23mm f/2 lens but don´t stop at f/16 but go to f/22 but try and get it a tack sharper at f/2

4.   Now this is one which I think could start a discussion. The OVF/EVF. I could easily go along with just an EVF but with a larger magnification

5.   Better AF in low light. 

6.   Better dynamic range

7.   Include the lens hood  :D

8.   Native ISO of 50

9.   Weather sealing but not the mushy buttons as on the X-T1 first generation

10.  mmmhhh, I think that is all that I can think of at the moment.

Now let me read what you would like on the successor of the X100T.

You really have covered all my desires in the X100Z or whatever name, but I sure would love to have built in geotagging instead of having to connect to my phone.  If you are concerned about battery life or privacy, just put a shut off switch on the Q-Menu.

My prioritised list after 7000+ shots on my X100T within 2½ months (the fantasy shutter counter says 10,300).

1) Weather sealing

2) The new sensor

3) A front control wheel

4) An option to set one or two of the control wheels to deal with one or two parameters without pressing a function button or going into the q-menu first.

5) The wheel should be able to control settings like ISO, shutter speed (the full range not just +/- 2/3 stops) and - most importantly - aperture. I really do NOT like the aperture ring on the X100T.

6) The auto-iso should be able to go to at least 1/500 of a second for daylight street photography, and please bring back the missing steps like 1/50 for low light situations. (I am puzzled why we have so many slooow options instead of faster options).

7) A bigger viewfinder

8) The joy stick looks handy.

9) I take a lot of pictures in unpredictable and highly variable low light scenarios (night life). It would be great to have softcaps on the speed in the auto-iso settings. Softcap 1 sets the absolute minimum shutter speed. Softcap 2 sets the maximum shutter speed before more aperture is added. Many times, I would prefer 1/80@f2.8 over 1/160@f2. But if I set the aperture to 2.8, the next shot might fire at 1/10 of a second.

10) I doubt this will happen, but IF a faster lens is introduced, I'd like to see a soft speed-cap on the aperture in the custom program settings. Again, in the same situations as above, I'd probably prefer f2@iso10,000 over f1.4@iso5.000.
If Fuji provides 1 through 6, I will pre-order. Otherwise, I might just wait and see what an eventual X200S will provide.

If Fuji were listening...
This is my wish list:
New 24MP sensor 

Either colour digital split screen focusing or a real rangefinder mechanism because the monochrome split screen still looks weird

Focus ring with distance scale for manual zone focusing (see Leica X or Q)

LONGER BATTERY LIFE

Weather-sealing

It would probably make the body the same size as an X-Pro2 then as there might not be enough space in the X100T given that it is a lot smaller than the X-Pro. Also, asking for redundancy for street photography is kind of silly – this is my very personal opinion. It's like buying a $10k safe to protect a $10 fake pearl necklace for 99.9999% of the cases.

Sorry, it's just my personal opinion that this 99.9999% of street photography are shots where someone holds a camera at a random street scene and to make it look hip puts a b&w, high contrast and high detail filter on it. Oh, and that includes my own.