Brand new XT4 randomly stops recording mid video

KungFujiXT4

Hello. Just got my new XT4 and love it so far.....however, during some (not all) video recording sessions, the camera (with a 128GB SD Card installed) randomly will stop recording (like you end it your self with the shutter button) and says "STORING" like it normally would.  This happens anywhere in the first 30seconds to 2 minutes of recording.  Also, it will randomly blackout the screen for about 1 second and come back up.  The only think I can think of is that I'm using the Viltrox Speedbooster with Canon EF and EF-S lenses.

Think the Viltrox could be causing the issue?

I had an X-T4 (Made in China, they where made in Japen before as I understand it) for 6 days. I had so much problem with the camera including freeze and LCD go blank, and dark photos despite autosettings everywhere on bright sunny day (good light conditions). So Fijifilm Nordic support adviced me to send back the brand new camera and lens to the reseller to have a new camera and lens.
I returned it today and expect a new X-T4 and lens Fujinon XF16-80 mm F4 R OIS WR during next week.
I had firmware 1.02 in the camera and firmware 1.05 in the lens.

I had two Sony Tough SF-G64T SD cards in my X-T4 camera, they where formatted in the camera before I used my camera.
Check the Fujifilm X-T4 SD card compatibility list to see if You use SD card Fujifilm say is compatible.
https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/compatibility/cameras/x-t4/

I hope it is possible to solve the problem You have with Your X-T4. I have a vague memory I read somewhere about such problem You have with your X-T4 but I have forgot where I read it.
Maybe try contact Fujifilm support in Your country.

Maybe it was in this thread I read similar problem:

/Bo

Edited by bem

• 2 weeks later...